Friday, November 30, 2007

and now, the end is here...

This morning I was walking Eem-er through Nob Hill Park, "taking it back," or so the terminology goes..."use it or lose it." You know all the catchy phrases, right? But there were quite a few addicts right up on the knoll cooking up this morning...the most beautiful spot in the park, with the best views of the water and downtown. Of course that means the best views of any RCMP officers who may be coming to bust up the party, as well. It really ticks me off that when I am up early enough to be out there enjoying sunrise in the park, crackheads already have my viewing point...I admit it. It irks me. A lot. So, doing my part...making sure they know they've been seen, are being watched and acknowledged and all those things this neighbourhood has been told to do over and over again. Did it matter? Nope...except, they got so complacent that I was the only one making noise that they forgot to keep up a good watch...and just as I left the park in a big snit and a bad mood, RCMP Bike Patrol came zipping in on silent wheels... Thanks guys! Maybe I will go back and enjoy the view this afternoon...it is a beautifully crisp blue day...with snow in the weekend forecast. And today, as you know, is the end of one month of posting...NaBloPoMo. Whew. What a....hhhmmmnnn, after a month of daily posts, I can't think of the words...........
Gong Show, that's it! What a Gong Show.

I nearly gonged myself out a time or two just because I was sick of "listening" to myself whine. I did whine a bit, right? It was hard not to because the thing about posting every single day is this...I am not in a good mood every day. And this has been the most difficult couple of months living in what has proven to be a trying neighbourhood anyway. And it's not over. Not with a crackhouse operating just up the alley here on Milton Street.


It's the same old bad joke. Not that it's been all bad...we had the rally, the round up, the demise of Spanglish(finally), photo assignments(can I tell you all how much these mean to me? I love them!!!!!!), plenty of dog walks, and most important of all, Little Man is home, which is just exactly where he is supposed to be.
Wow, I just looked at all the good stuff that happened this month. What blessings. Truly. Maybe I should make a list at the end of every month, eh? Why was I so angry so much of the time? ***Note to self-Must remember to give more thanks.

So hey, I'm done. I made the 45 second mark(or, in this case, thirty posts) without a gong, though I bet Rex Reed would have gonged me, if he were reading along. So, Jaye P. Morgan, what's my score?
So, with that...I think I am taking tomorrow off...and maybe even the next day. See you all next week?!?
!!!!!!!!!!!GONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP, Robert....you were a fun, crazy ride....what would the 70's have been without you?








13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but you forgot Gene, Gene the Dancing Machine! That's really the way you should go out of this thing! I think it's been a good month of posts. And exciting. You are right. A lot of good things have happened and I'm glad we got to come along. Just look at today, for example.

Thanks for the tip on the book. I was able to find it Amazon.com. What if something would happen to your treasure in the mail? I would never forgive myself. I would like to send you a Tim Krekel compilation if you would e-mail me your address. backintheday55@gmail.com

Have a nice vacation of sorts. Don't stay away too long.

dilling said...

How could I gforget Gene, Gene???? Drat!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Evel's site. I was ten years old when he jumped those Mac trucks at the CNE in Toronto and saw it live. What a thrill. He was every boy's hero back then.

Some of us live life and some of us take up space. He did it and he did it well.

Biddie said...

I am so shocked that Evel has passed away. My Dad died of the same disease in 1999. It is a horrible way to go....At least he is at peace now.
Oh, yeah, Gene, Gene, The Dancing Machine. Who could forget him?
BTW, I bought a copy of The Highest Tide tonight. It's on my list of must reads.

raine said...

I've enjoyed each and every of your novemeber posts, whines and all. I love the photo challenges, too. Good job with NaBloPMo!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, congrats on finsihing NaBlPoMo! i enjoyed reading and the positives at the end of the month were a good touch!

katy said...

well done on the finishing of the NaBlPoMo. thanks for the link gawilli cause i hadn't a clue what you were all on about!

Anonymous said...

Hey hon. I've been reading your blog for most of the month, and I've enjoyed every post!
I'm from the same neighbourhood (see you on the walks?), so I can say, you've had every right to whine!

Anyway, happy snow day! (OR slush day, if it stays).

~J~

Olly said...

I think you did a great job with your month of posts. Congrats!

Gene, Gene and the whole crew on that show were great. Never missed an episode. Ah, the 70's...

Too bad about Evel, though. Another icon gone.

dilling said...

islandbluejae? you are in the neighbourhood walks? Hmmmm... I was late for the last one and they left without me... but a few of us with timing troubles did our own walk. We saw the other group near the end of our walk!!!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Why do I remember a bloke with a paper bag on his head?

RIP Evel.

"I'd rather stay here
with all the madmen
than perish
with the sad men
roaming free"

Brave nutters are few and far between eh?

Green Wellies said...

Well done on all of your posts...always an interesting and thought-provoking read from first word to last.
Barb

Heidi the Hick said...

I love reading your blog. Good times, bad times, you know I've had my share....