Thursday, November 22, 2007

For the love of Kukla, Fran and Ollie!!!

We went dogwalking at the river today and we saw a big ole black bear...and Duke took off chasing it!!! And wouldn't come back as we screamed his name over and over and over and over again.
Duke was so proud of himself. He thinks he chased away the bear. I'm fairly sure it was our hysterics! I'm sure that poor bear is deaf as a post now, and thinks all us two-legged hairless beasts are insanity incarnate...
Sorry no photos. We were close enough, to be sure, but we were too busy running after Duke who was running after the bear...maybe we are insanity incarnate.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone back home...have a little stuffing for me, please.

7 comments:

emily said...

Dear God, really?

Olly said...

Duke does look really proud - and he should be!

I would be sooo scared if I saw a bear. Maybe have a heart attack right then and there.

Where are those steps?

katy said...

yikes.
i panic when milo chases a cat lol, mind you milo being the whimp he is these days if he saw a bear sure he would run the other way and leave me there!

Michael Colvin said...

Blimey!

Heidi the Hick said...

Check him out in that picture...

"Yep. Bear chaser. Uh huh. Thas me."

FOUR DINNERS said...

I promise (with Caz's agreement) that stuffing will ensue in the Dinners household tonight....

Anonymous said...

Gosh that's scary! You almost don't know which way to run!

Hey! I saved some turkey for you!