Wednesday, November 14, 2007

stormy weather

Our first winter storm has come and gone...high winds, lots of rain, some thunder and lightning...
The posts between the next door neighbour's house and ours toppled. They were old and rotted and were there merely to support the hundreds of pounds of wisteria vines that kind of make a pretty and sweet smelling privacy screen between our two yards. New posts are already up and the birds are back in the branches.
If only cleaning up the rest of the neighbourhood could happen so fast.

12 comments:

katy said...

yes If only......

Coffeypot said...

The fist picture is so cute. He's looking at you with so much curiosity.

raine said...

Oh, how I love the little birds.

Michael Colvin said...

Awwww. Cute birdies.

Olly said...

That first picture is priceless! Looks like he knows that you own a cat.

Anonymous said...

Dilling! Thank you so much for the Metropolitan recipe! I really appreciate it! This will be THE ONE!

Biddie said...

Great photos, as always :)
If only is right...I have been thinking of you, my friend. I hope that you are feeling better.

Biddie said...

Great photos, as always :)
If only is right...I have been thinking of you, my friend. I hope that you are feeling better.

Biddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Biddie said...

Oops. :)

dilling said...

oops! hahahaha...blogger's been a bit of a bitch today, eh?

Gardenia said...

Nice photos, the bottom one is quite paintable - very nice. The fence on one of our sides, our neighbors is laying flat on the ground - exposing a yard full of trash and weeds - I hate it. If my back were better, I would go out and set the sections back up and nail them into the posts. Sheesh. I think I am going to plant shrubs on that side of the yard.