Monday, November 26, 2007

Coffee snob?!? Moi?!?

Somebody recently wondered if I might be a coffee snob....Hmmmn, maybe. I can tell you that when I worked here(hahahaha, gotcha, didn't I?)... I would stop at the local coffee shop on my way to work for a real espresso...and I wasn't the only one. No lie. Yes....indeed, I guess that I am a coffee snob. If I am going to pay premium price for something that should cost sixty-nine cents, I want it to be yummie. On the other hand, I will drink diner coffee at Alice's on a Sunday morning girly-time breakfast and there's really nothing wrong with Timmy's, if it's fresh. I mean, they are charging what a cup of joe should cost and, mostly, I just drink it black anyway...
I tend to just stay in for coffee most of the time...I need my kick in the early morning, before I am ready to deal with bedhead and being nice to people and smiling and stuff. How does one order coffee until one has had coffee? My afternoon java jolt is usually spent here at home, too...recently it helps me warm myself after chilly dog walks...although I will never turn down a latte from here. Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmm. Their dark roasts are most delicious, too...and one of the baristas there gives me the same feelings that puppies do. Shhhh. Don't tell him. It's kind of embarassing.

Did I happen to mention that it is snowing right now? ARGH!!!!!

Don't even get me started on my beer snobbery.....that post would be ENDLESS.

14 comments:

katy said...

lol i enjoy a coffee but i would take a guess you would go eewwwwww at mine! nescafe weak with lots of milk, am i right?

raine said...

hey coffee snob- I'm thinkin I may just drop by and see how kick ass your Kick Ass coffee is! Or maybe meet you for a frothy one at Coyote's? Just because of your blog, I am gonna stop there on my way to work tomorrow and skip Starbucks. So there. Nice barista apron. While we are having our coffee, we really need to exchange group home stories.

raine said...

Oh and Olly? Girl, you are everywhere. I think it's time to start your own blog. I double dog dare you!

dilling said...

Hers....more like EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Rain, either/or. You know the house, right? If the little blue bubble car is out front, I am home...and the Coyote Cafe at Longwoods has a barista that reminds me of puppies.

captain corky said...

I love coffee and will drink it from just about anywhere. From the coffee machine at work for 45 cents a cup to Starbucks for 4 bucks a cup. Any coffee goes!

I do prefer paying 45 cents though.

captain corky said...

PS Do we get snow pics?

Michael Colvin said...

I get accused of being a coffee snob because I won't drink instant. You take it to a whole other level!!! Lol!

Anonymous said...

It's ultra-dark bold roast for me. I don't even drink from the trough at work anymore. I grind my own beans and take coffee to work in a thermos. In fact I'm hoping Willi brings home a trunk load of coffee from Trader Joes in Indy tomorrow. Coffee snob? You betcha.

Coffeypot said...

I wonder about the people who buy coffee from places like Starbucks and pay all that money. I go to the Waffle House and pay $1.05 for a cup of coffee and I get all the refills I want for free. My taste buds aren’t that sensitive, and after the first cup, they all taste the same. I’m more of a Diet Coke and Golden Oreo Snob. And a true Hamburger Snob!

raine said...

Ok, now I know Starbucks is a big corp, and not a local business...but it is really not all that much more expensive-for a gaint coffee I pay 2.23 compared to, I think, about 1.90 at Timmy's for a much smaller large. So there!! Off to Coyote's..

Heidi the Hick said...

I am married to a coffee snob. And we're both beer snobs!

Olly said...

I wish I could be a coffee-snob. Truth is, at the most, the best I can handle is a small cup of half-caf. Most of the time I drink decaf tea. How sad is that!! Just something about caffine that is too much for me.

I like beer...but must admit - I'm a total wine snob!

Rain - Ya, it's being considered...but for right now I am a happy pro-lurker!

Gardenia said...

mmmmmmmmm, looks like a very tempting place to go. I too am a coffee snob - I purchased a Tassimo - it brews several different types - I've become an expresso junkie - my whole counter top could be covered by various coffee makers if I had the money

dilling said...

gardenia, me too!! Depending on what blend of coffee I have, I brew it in a stove top espresso maker, a bodum or a drip machine(one cup at a time)....I am longing for one of those cold coffee distillers but too pricey still. And if I could have a real life espresso machine all stainless(tastes better) or copper, like a professional, I would be SO happy....I would definitely need more counter space.
Gawilli, I thought Trader Joe's was a west coast thing...I remember driving two hours to get to the deals of Trader Joes...do they still have Two Buck Chuck?
Coffeypot...Yeah, I am a hamburger snob, too.
Corky, the snow is gone...turned to rain in the night.

Let's hear it for the Snobs!!! Hoorah.