Thursday, November 08, 2007

a moment

We went for a very soggy doggy walk up at Harewood Mines yesterday. The river is off limits right now since the salmon are all death and decay and we can't keep Dukie out of the water....so we opt for these hikes through moss and puddles, over rocky knolls and through dripping arbutus groves. It's not a bad trade off...I mean soggy is soggy, but fishy is fishy!!! These little guys are everywhere...I have lots of photos of mushrooms from yesterday. I won't overwhelm you with mushiness. Do not fear.
It's a downpour outside today. It's hard for me to say I look forward to the rainiest days now but it sure helps quiet things down around here. So, bring on the rain. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.
Maybe the city should install overhead sprinklers everywhere for the days it doesn't rain. Hmmmmnnnn.

10 comments:

emily said...

fishy is fishy!

dilling said...

well, it is....

Michael Colvin said...

Wow, that's a really cool pic.

raine said...

I've said it before (on flickr) and I'll say it again...nice mushies!

Anonymous said...

Love that pic, dilling.
The rain has its blessings, I'm glad it's quiet around the homestead for you right now.
The sprinkler idea is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I saw you walking that Beagle of yours along Victoria Rd this morning during the monsoon. Don't fret, I'm not a stalker, my job keeps me out and about everywhere.
I drove by and about for 10 minutes afterwards I kept asking myself; "where have I seen that Beagle before????" It finally clicked.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see more mushy pictures! Very cool. Hey, maybe the sprinklers would keep the hookers off the street.

dilling said...

EEEEEK...I have been discovered...on Victoria Road no less...At least, Chilled, you did not think I was a hooker, did you?!?

Gawilli, I would love to move along the hookers, yes, but the pushers and pimps and the sexual predator Johns are most what I want to get rid of... but I guess that means that the hookers are the easiest target...ain't that crappy? The lowest on the totems, so to speak.

Coffeypot said...

I bet the blind man walking by the water kept tipping his hat and saying, "'Morning Ladies."

Anonymous said...

those mushies look as big as trees!!!