Sunday, August 27, 2006

what a f'ing goonie

Is anyone else watching the emmys? I just saw Dick Clark and started bawling...I love him...remember all the jokes about how old he is, about how he just keeps going and going...and then seeing him tonight...is it his first public appearance since his stroke? What a strong and funny and absolutely endearing man. I know he may not mean as much to the kids after my generation, and I know he probably means MORE to adults a bit older than my generation....but there has NEVER been a time in my life that he wasn't on television....and up until last year, I never rang in a New Year in my life without him. God bless Dick Clark...many years of joy.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

I used to love his bloopers show, and New Years Rockin' Eve. Did he get an award or was he just crying? The crying I can relate to.....

dilling said...

No I WAS CRYING, he was laughing and funny and sweet and charming, though a bit difficult to understand cuz of the stroke. He was receiving some honorary lifetime achievement or was just being honoured for just being Dick Clark...and then Barry Manilow came out and sang "Bandstand."

ldbug said...

That's sweet that he got a lifetime award, I'm sure it meant a lot to him as well as his fans:-)

Biddie said...

Ok, I suck. But in my defense, the past few days have been VERY stressful. I thought that Dick Clark was bawling all over the place. Makes more sense now......

dilling said...

My bawling makes sense?!? How do you know me that well already?!?

Biddie said...

Please. I cried when I watched the Barnyard. It moved me that much. I cried when I watched Sesame Street and there was a fire, and someone was missing..Bert, maybe? Yup. I lost my mind. Seriously. I probably would have cried,too, that's why it makes sense. Kindred spirits maybe? Or am I over the top?