Thursday, August 03, 2006

last camp entry

On a roadside lake on the way into Kamloops...he seemed so lonely out there.
Roadside lake coming out of Kamloops....
Tan lines...good friends. We had a great time. Thank you so much.
The littlest fisherman...
This is a pine beetle infestation...on the highway over the pass back to Vancouver...you may need to open the picture up larger in another window to see. All those trees that are tinged with red? They are dead, or will be within two years. Acres and acres, mile upon mile, hectares and hectares, kilometre upon kilometre. Any way you look at it, it is a tragedy. What will this land look like in two years? How much further will they spread? What can be done?!? I can't put into words how HUGE this devastation is. It staggers my mind...imagine the biggest clearcut you can...then keep multiplying until you cannot fathom it. It will be ugly..a cruel scar on the earth in one of the most beautiful spots there is.
Well, enough is enough. Camp is over. Thanks for bearing with me.
G'nite.

2 comments:

Biddie said...

Said it before, I'll say it again. I love your photos. The chipmunk and the eagle are amazing. Do you do this for a living? You should.

dilling said...

You know, it's not my living...though since I started this blog and my flickr account, I have had many people tell me I should make my living doing it. I am not absolutely sure HOW to do that...my people photo skills suck... I do well with landscape and wildlife...but I don't know what a chimpmunk would pay me!