Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shake down, take down, you're busted...

Something exciting is happening in the alley here...though the cops won't tell us what...nor the newspapers. Guns drawn on this one, folks. But I guess we won't know, maybe it's in our own "best interest. " I can create a better story without their input anyway!
I think perhaps it was one of the last seven outstanding warrants from the major drug bust last week...lord knows, you could probably find them all in this hood. Front page story on the paper today was about the problems with the drop in center up the block, like the open dealing, the open drug use, the accosting people trying to do legitimate business on the street, the break-ins....and EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO TOLD IT WAS TEMPORARY LIED. Now the Salvation Army doesn't want it and it is rumoured to be staying right here in the middle of our residential neighbourhood. People are making shitloads of money somewhere but nobody is really getting helped. Makes me want to drink so it's a good thing that....
Michael's stout is ready for drinking soon...a little about me...I grew up downwind from a large brewery and the smell of Michael making beer makes me feel like I am a kid back home...It is one of the most comforting sensations, the smell of warm hops. A drunkard in the making. I think that if someone did some kind of study about kids who grow up downwind of a brewery, you would find that we are almost all beer drinkers and not wine drinkers.
I know I promised neighbourhood updates, but that requires so much more effort than I am willing to put into it. Honestly, I really have to think about it today...it isn't flowing naturally...and I hate days like that. Don't you?

7 comments:

Biddie said...

Big time. I get stressed out until I remember that this should be FUN.
I'm not much of a drinker, but there are some things that drive to want to drink...(TMOC)...

Crafty Missus said...

kevin grew up in a brewery town (london ont). he thinks you're onto something and that he could be the first case in your study!!

dilling said...

Cara, I think we should seek funding for this study!!! I am sure I can get all my hometown drunks, er, I meant friends, in on this, as well!!!

Biddie said...

I live about 40 - 45 minutes away from London. That's where x #2 grew up..Small world...

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I definately don't like beer, I'm more of a hard liquor kinda gal. But recently the smell of liquor reminds me of a night not so long ago that I have no plans of returning to...

Michael Colvin said...

I can't say I'm keen on beer either. My dad was an alcoholic and the house always smelt of it.

Now give me wine, gin, cocktails, vodka, in fact anything a 14 year old girl would like and I'm well away!

Crafty Missus said...

maybe we could get molson to sponser it. yum, free india beer for all!
here is the end perv link,
http://endearingperversion.com/Hear/bysonhear.gif
i hope...
endeaing perversion.com, under "hear" there is a recording and video of our big hit byson furmuncheon.