Thursday, August 10, 2006

updates on the hood

I have been neglecting my Junior Hood Reporter duties lately...I have been more interested in other things...I am starting with a pretty picture of flowers on my back deck though, because I am always utterly amazed that something grows in my presence...it should be a dried up old stick, but look at it!
Two evenings ago, there was quite a commotion on Nicol St. out behind us. I don't know what this is...two ambulances, lots of cops, lots of people milling around on the sidewalk, one guy down in the crosswalk. There was no car to be seen, so maybe a hit and run? He wasn't moving much but was quite vocal, so hopefully he is alright...there was nothing in the paper... I really don't want to say this, but maybe I should. Maybe he wasn't white enough to make the paper...but maybe I am full of crap. I don't know. It just seemed like a lot going on down there to not make the paper, especially if it was a hit and run, or an assault, and there were so many witnesses.

Here is the Crack Delivery Van...must be borrowed or stolen...it's in too good of shape to be full of all the crackheads who came out of this. It was like the clown car at the circus...some jumped out , some jumped in...I don't know where they came from or where they were going...but someone must have scored big and was literally driving around making deliveries...again, I say, if they put that much effort in LIVING LIFE, what couldn't they do?
Yesterday was eviction day for the some of my most annoying and scary neighbours...sadly, this is all I really saw of the whole thing. I was on a trip to Victoria. I saw these two really big officers arrive, though, and two girls started packing stuff out of the house. I know they were not on the lease, only the really big kinda scary guy is left from the original leaseholders. After I left, apparenty, the slumlord,er, landlord arrived to see the haps. He has not been around much, which is weird, cuz usually he is always out there peaking through all his tenants' windows(creepy). I think the big guy must have really intimidated him, literally, and he has been staying away...so, the cops were gone at this point and the big guy starts screaming and towering over his ex-slumlord, er, landlord. Then, he starts chasing him down the street. It would be scary cuz he is a big guy and the slumlord, er, slumlord,er, LANDLORD, is tiny and old. I should feel sorry for him, but I don't. He continually rents to these kinds of jerks...there are still major problems in the basement suite of the same house...
Someone has dumped a couch in the back alley, which, of course, has become a bed, a meeting zone...now, I guess, once again, we will have to take care of it, rent a truck, with our money, take it to the dump with our money...
Amanda(I used to call her the Bulldog before I knew her name....she looked like she could kick your ass! Lordy she looked like a roller derby queen) is back in the hood. She was one of the "regular" girls here...she always seemed to maintain herself pretty well. She always kept her weight, didn't seem to binge too much...but she's back. I have seen her four times this week. Each time, she is doing the Crack Attack Dance. She is about half the size she was...she LOOKS like a crack whore now. I am not sure what this feeling is I have...she is "lost" now, and I am a bit sad in some way I do not understand.
A known Pimp was cruising the neighbourhood (while I was away camping), keeping an eye on his girl(s). One of our dearest friends and neighbours confronted this guy and his friend in their car. These two guys got out of the car and then began to threaten my friend...threatened her, her dog, her property. Were right up in her precious space!!!! Six neighbours came out and surrounded the car, the police were called, desciptions and license numbers taken. Nothing was done about it...the registered owner of the car was "in the hospital," according to whoever answered the phone at the residence of the car's registration. No one called the hospital to check that, nor to ask who was driving his car while he was in the hospital. Yesterday, the same guy is driving through our hood again, in a different car. He saw my friend on the street and raced his engine, screaming obscenities at her, pounding on the windows...reported to the police again. They say if we see him to report his "suspicious activities." They have said to stay away from him...he is "bad news." How about this? How about he stay the fuck away from here?!? How about that? Is that too much to ask? If you KNOW he is bad news and is threatening bodily harm and property destruction to residents here, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!
Hmmm, also, two big police actions yesterday, one near the McD's on Nicol and one near the Salvation Army. No news on what they were about, though...time for dog walkies, talk at you all later.

4 comments:

Biddie said...

I wish that I had your Junior Reporter skills. The cops kept telling us,'if you had photos, we could do something.' Never had any.
Thank God we're out of there. The crazies next door are fairly quiet.The hose seems to keep them at bay. Doesn'tlook like these guys have seen water for months.
I love the photos. I want to take some of my garden, but I can't get them from the camera to the computer...I suck.
Any news on your univited guest, or have the police forgotten about that?

dilling said...

no news...they are only looking at natives, I guess. I could probably go down to Salvation Army at dinnertime and find the guy...but I don't think he was the real problem. I think he honestly thought he was here to pick up something to "mule." The folks across the street who just got evicted were bad news, sometimes moving large amounts of something out of there...the funny thing is, the guy who lived there was so sweet when my cat was hit and killed. It was hard to be mad at someone who was so obviously shaken up over the death of his neighbour's kitty...still, glad he's gone...so very, very glad.

Biddie said...

Yeah,the crack head that rolled down my driveway is so good to our little dogs. And he feeds stray cats. still,he's a crack head.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Crack heads are odd at best. Sometimes their oddness is what scares me the most, not the drugs, the whores, none of that, just the oddness. They can be so kind but then there's the whole crack issue. At least they are entertaining and keeping things lively.