Sunday, August 20, 2006

forgive me, Mickey and Minnie

My hydrangea is blooming now...it is a lacy top, not what I am used to in a hydrangea, but pretty sweet, all the same. We actually have two but one is just not thriving...actually, we had four but I may have mentioned a time or two about how small our city lot is. Two have found homes elsewhere...and a third may have to find a happier home in order to thrive.
Well, I know that I said I was taking the weekend off, but Michael went into work this afternoon and I was playing game after game of Spider on the computer...so why not blog instead? Michael starts a new job after the long weekend and is trying to finish up some projects here before he goes. I hope the new job is "the one," because this last one has had him down for a while...and I miss my happy man a lot.

High drama in the hood...honestly, we see so much of this that I don't even leave my front porch to find out what it's all about anymore. Police, fire or ambulance with sirens and/or lights at least once a week within sight of our house. I just don't get it. What gives?!?
Under this bucket lies a dead mouse...in the end, it was horrible and I feel sick thinking about it. The poor thing thought he(or she) was having a lovely little peanut butter feast...the trap snapped. I heard it go and looked up to see the poor thing was not killed instantly but terribly wounded and it staggered under the fridge. A few moments later, it crawled out to die in the middle of the floor(see it's horrible little trail of death there?). The trap was a hard thing for me to think of using and because it didn't work instantly, I am mortified by the extreme pain and suffering that little creature went through. Please forgive me, mousie, because although I could not bear the thought of you in my house, I did not mean for you to suffer like that. I am so sorry. Viggo checks on his buddies whenever we go to the river...this pasture is right at the head of the trail. He loves to look in on these two and they often come to the edge of the fence to stare back up at him. We went out today and he went swimming and Michael and I picked blackberries... enough for four pies. So, with the five pie's worth already frozen, I am getting close to having enough to share. Greedy, ain't I?

We went out to see our friend's band last night...it was not the kind of venue that is super conducive to dancing. Not all of his regular bandmates were there, either, so it was not as exciting as when he normally plays. Last year he was on a tour opening for Bif Naked... his band is a load of good times!!! Usually. Plus, we were the only ones we knew there! Where was everyone?!? Hello?!?!?!? Even eating out didn't put the evening over the top, as it really wasn't very good at all. Bah humbug. Well, that's about it for the weekend coverage...about as good as weekend television, isn't it? Ha ha. Until later, then.


5 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

yer such a softie. remeber that marmot that was icking you out to the point of obsessive scrubbing? that's him under the bucket, now you don't have to get heebee jeebeed and do your exercises in peace. the little guy probably didn't feel a thing and was just in shock, imagine the torture that crook would have laid out on him!!!
one christmas eve, i saw my mom kill a mouse by smacking a big central vac power nozzle down on top of it, geuss that mouse had never heard "the night before christmas" and didn't know that 'not a creature was stirring not even a mouse' and that momma eileen has deadly house cleaning skills!

Biddie said...

I know how you feel. We had a rat problem at one of our former residences. It was bad. They were coming out during the day! We were worried for our old Poodle, and the kids couldn't even play in the yard.
Our then 12 year old caught a rat in broad daylight. It was awful,cause we had to kill it. Well,Hubby had to. It screamed like a baby,and after 3 years,I still remember vividly. I hate for anything to suffer,even rats.
On the bright side,the garden is GORGEOUS. I love your photos. I wish that I could sample some of your pie,too. WE STILL don't have an oven. TMOC is arriving at the end of the week and we really wanted to have that taken care of.
SIGH. Oh well. I'm so happy with my little home that I don't really care about a new fridge or stove.
Anyway,blah,blah,blah.

Heidi the Hick said...

I love your photos!

As for the mouse, as much as I hate those little disease infested varmints, I hate a slow painful death even more! I say, quick fast traps. So they don't even know what hit em.

I also want you to know that I love your fridge.

dilling said...

I thought you might!!!

Anonymous said...

I love johnny!!!!! Good buy to the mouse. I am glad that you don't have to suffer any more. Scoob