Tuesday, August 22, 2006

discoveries to delight in

My dog walking expeditions with friends and neighbours is a nearly daily activity. We all discover little treasures out there, ya know? From the blood red spread of moss at Harewood to the freshwater jellies on the river, every day is full of new suprises. I can hardly wait until the next day for another walk. Today, I discovered my dream house...how wonderful would it be to live here, directly across from an oceanfront park beach that will never be developed? I would move in a heartbeat.Duke, my neighbour's dog, made a dream discovery today, too. A dead seal carcass...mmm...he rolled and rolled. And then rode home in my car. Duke, Viggo and Yuko, the three amigos. At the beginning of this summer, the only one that could swim was Duke. Now? They could be a synchronized swim team for Team Canada! Gold Medalists, for sure.
Here is another dog walkie discovery at Neck Point Park. There were purple starfish colonies everywhere. I don't think I had ever been there when the tide was so low. These little treasures were in the shade of every rock big enough to shade them until the tides rise again. Pretty cool, eh?
Here is some cut and paste photos of the backyard, as Heidi was lamenting hers...the trim on my house is THREE different colours! It aggravates me every time I look at it!!!! There is a raised garden in there somewhere! This side yard is supposed to be paved by these landscaping bricks into a little patio area...hmmm. The awning has been there since we took it off the window 16 months ago, the grass is dead since we thought it would be gone by now, we never watered it...there is a collection of empty planters and bins of rock, for some reason.There is a pile of bricks for the dream patio, they have been in this pile for over a year. The vines growing up the deck are our biggest backyard success, kiwi and passionflower. They grow like mad and people think you know what you're doing. Oh, actually, we built that deck(with help) and that really may be the biggest success!
That's it for today, folks. Tomorrow, I will catch up with the neighbourhood happenings....things have been a little quiet around here, of late, so I have to accumulate some stories...and, by the way, I am not complaining about that at all!!!!
Peace out.

10 comments:

Biddie said...

I just left a long comment,but it didn't show up....sucks. So I'll just say - love the puppies! Great job on the deck,and I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I always love reading your blog...and your photos are fantastic, sometimes I just don't know what to say and i don't want you to think that I don't read your blog because I do.

dilling said...

life-i have had my issues with comments on blogger today, as well. first the photos, now the comments! what next?
adult~right back at'cha...I don't always have a comment either, but I always check in to see what you've been up to...are you sure you don't know the way to San Jose?

Heidi the Hick said...

I wanna go on one of those dog walks!!!!

The pug will knock himself out to keep up. I wonder how that would go?

Heidi the Hick said...

Also...I totally understand the backyard work in progress thing. We now have a pile of trash which used to be our obstacle course. sigh. Tell ya all about it when its' done!

katy said...

love the dogs and the photos i would move there to ah well we can dream eh

Michael Colvin said...

Your starfish photo is beautifully composed. It is so vibrant! Do you have any professional training?

dilling said...

Nothing professional about me...wink. A lot of my photos are really just about trying to catch one little moment, and hardly ever the bigger picture... my friend, who is a photographer says I should be making some kind of living at it. I don't have a feel for photographing people, at all, or capturing something that someone else wants, though, so I am not sure how I would make a living...

Michael Colvin said...

Well you definitely have a good eye. I had a look through your flickr thingy and I thought they were all very good.

dilling said...

thank you, thank you