Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Martha don't live here!

So my busy weekend is over and done with...I made Spanakopita, which is easy though time consuming...it was gone in a heartbeat in an impromptu Happy and Appy Hour in our neighbour's yard Sunday evening. Michael came home with fresh caught Coho salmon and we feasted with friends on fish and a scrumptious salad with greens from their own garden.
This is Ramona, the belly dancer...she is pretty freakin' amazing...the amount of strength she has in her body!!! Holy crap. I could pilates every day for the rest of my life and never come near that...is it too weird to admit a desire to take belly dancing lessons?!? I would never dress like this... don't worry, too much...I just like the dancing part.
I recovered this chair with lots of help this weekend...I wish I had taken a before picture because it was so horrible. I kinda thought it wouldn't turn out so I didn't take a picture. But, holy cow, this is the nicest piece of furniture I have now!!!! Thanks to my pal, DB.
And then last night I watched Rent...finally. I have a mad crush on Jesse Martin so I am suprised that I waited so long...though, I have yet to see the second Pirates movie, either. But, the point is, aren't musicals supposed to make you feel good? Christ, I was bawling all over again. First Dick Clark and now a musical? C'mon, what gives? I don't even particularly like musicals, but the characters were pretty damn good. Honestly, if they would just have quit singing, it would have been a damn fine movie... and that's about it for me tonight....

12 comments:

Biddie said...

The chair looks great. I have a little chair that is quite similar, it's covered in cow print fabric. Love it.
Confession # 2.. we saw Invincible this weekend. It made me cry.
I also ahd some good times with friends this weekend. The best, actually.
My Mom belly dances. Not DID but DOES. Yup. If you cajole her enough, she'll even put on the outfit. She looks great for her age..for any age, but still...who wants to see their Mom like THAT?

Heidi the Hick said...

I totally dig the chair. I should take a pic of the one I did for my girl.

Ok, my confession: sometimes I wanna do the belly dancing. I kinda like the outfit. Ok, I said it and I feel kinda silly but it's the truth dammit! And it would probably be really good for my back. After two years of it...

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I attempted to reupholster a chair...didn't turn out the way I wanted but oh well, at least I got to play with the staple gun.
Don't get the belly dancing and no desire to see Rent. The only musical I enjoy is Grease.

Michael Colvin said...

The chair looks fab! and no I can't say I feel the need to belly dance either. She does look amazing though.

I can't say I've heard of those musicals except Grease. I Love Grease. It's a real feel good movie that one.

Michael Colvin said...

I forgot to ask. What's spanakopita?

dilling said...

Spanakopita is a greek "spinach pie." Spinach,onion, egg, feta cheese and a white cream sauce baked between 8 layers of individually buttered phillo pastry on both sides...sinfully fattening and worth the guilt!

Michael Colvin said...

yum.

katy said...

could do with some chairs covering you not thinking of coming for a visit soon and if you do i will also let you cook me some spanakopita please

Crafty Missus said...

i, have the key component to belly dancing....
my dear friend, kyla, belly dances and has all the frilly outfits, she pulls it off well.
i've tried, but am severly uncoordinated so it wasn't pretty.

ldbug said...

My roommate actually suggested we sign up for belly dancing classes...hmmmmmmm...I run, I don't dance, still maybe I could learn some sexy moves for the boys.....

dilling said...

it IS a sexy dance! I am uncoordinated but it doesn't look to require too much foot work, so I am intrigued...perhaps I WON'T look like Snoopy dancing, which is my friends think when we just go out regular dancing....not that there is anything wrong with the Snoopy Suppertime Dance.

Biddie said...

belly dancing? More like belly flopping for me..SIGH