Wednesday, August 16, 2006

good grief

I am preoccupied with the damn rodent...maybe it's just a mouse, but my imagination is making it larger and larger...soon it will be a marmot running through our walls. Laying out my exercise mat on the floor where I had just seen this thing creeped me out, let me tell you, but I did my exercises anyway. Somebody, quick, congratulate me on that, because normally the lamest excuse not to exercise will suffice. I have done three days in a row, even though it hurts...plus dog walkies and a swimming expedition down to a new spot on the river. My tummy remembers being flat and yummy...I am already walking taller...my body remembers, which is nice...now, if only my thighs and butt could remember how good they looked without all the work!
But, honestly all I am remembering that creature....I can't go downstairs...I saw it go downstairs through the hole in the floor where the cable goes...oh, and hey, I was really shrieking/screaming this morning and no police arrived...what gives, neighbours? Was I not screaming loud enough to warrant concern?!? There is a rodent in my house!!!
Ick ick ick
This house was built in 1923, so there are issues about it...like trying to find and block all the places where vermin get in. It is nearly impossible. There are spiders in the basement(and now apparently rodents), and drafts and the windows in the front don't open anymore. But it is a beautiful old house with all the original french doors(multiple) and stained glass windows, wood floors, glass light fixtures...so I guess dealing with the creature should just be taken in stride, right? ICK ICK ICK...
So, Michael will be home soon and I should go down and unlock the basement door so he can put his bike away....I could cry. Wish me luck...
talk to you later.

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Good for you. working out after seeing the rodent. We have centepedes and they gross me out to the point that I will walk on the furniture to avoid them. I have sprayed, and put down some sort of lethal powder.. Still have 'em.
If you use a mouse trap, try chocolate. It always worked for us in our big ol house before.
Good luck.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Yuck! I can't imagine how I would react if I saw a rodent in my house that wasn't my guinea pig. But I think you were very brave to continue your exercising after seeing the rodent.

Heidi the Hick said...

Okay, I grew up on a farm, in an old house, and I still hate rodents. Hate em. don't wanna live with them. (Although I'd give KC's guinea pig a chance!)

How does Rental Dog react to the rat? My last farm dog was an awesome rat catcher.

And your house sounds beautiful!

katy said...

i feel for you hate them i do and a mouse in my house once amd i made my son check each room before i went in it, bless he was 7 at the time!

Crafty Missus said...

we have 4 cats and still there are mice, damn free loader (feline and rodent both). i know how you feel about the paranoia making them bigger sometimes i think there is a beaver in the walls!