Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday morning coming down

I made my ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls this morning...I can still smell it in the house, and on myself. It is my mom's recipe, and extremely decadent, with heavy cream and lots of sugar...mmmm. Tomorrow, I start my exercise regime again...I haven't done any since I lost Maggie. I am feeling soft and I hate it, but I have never achieved that endorphin rush "they" talk about when exercising so I hate every frickin' minute of it. I believe endorphins are a lie...but I will NOT go up one more size. I just won't do it!
Spent a bit of time blackberry picking today. I wanted to fill this bucket but didn't quite get there. I won't wear sandals next time!
Some of our neighbours got together for a bit of a picnic in our neighbourhood park...beginner's luck at bocce! Who knew? Michael and I used to watch the old italians in Vancouver play just off of Commercial Drive...the yelling, the bickering, the whooping....now I get it!
Delivering prayers and wishes skyward....some especially for Gwen and Sean. Love pours forth.

5 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

ahhh, my absolute favorite song of all time is sunday morning coming down. right from my earliest memories of hearing kris on the radio in my parents car to present day. it has been sung many sunday mornings in my life (my old friend, tattoo shop spook, and i used to sing, "woke up sunday morning, taste like something sh*t in my mouth". he and i were usually the last drunks standing standing over the stove doing hot knives, and the first drunks awake, again standing over the stove doing hot knives. oddly enough we would usually spend a good chunk of time trying to decide would was less messed up to go to the grocery store to buy cinnomin buns!) thanks for reminding me of fun, reckless times.

dilling said...

Cara, love that song, too! But have you listened to the new(old) Kris cd, "This Old Road?" Lordy, it's a good one!!!! Just got it last week and it hasn't been out of the cd player yet.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

Those cinnamon rolls look good. I never get many berries into the basket when I go picking.There's two for me and one for the basket. When I go to Hickchic's we pick the berries in her yard which is fun but last year we didn't get to do it.And I haven't been berry picking since.

Biddie said...

I love the last photo. 'Delivering prayers and wishes skyward' Beautiful.

Heidi the Hick said...

Your photos are killer.

My berries are all done now and all I got was two pies. Okay and lots went into my mouth.

I used to be very fit also but last year when I was on antidepressants for all of last year I didn't move at all. I'm trying to get back in shape. It's tough but eventually I'll feel better. Hope it's worth it!