Saturday, November 25, 2006

i'm leaving on a float plane

Emma and I are off to Sechelt for the next week starting tomorrow...to walk the beaches with Em(the Original) and finally put my feet up. Today, I can mop the kitchen floor at her new place and put up the clean drapes...and call myself done. The new carpets go in on the 28th and even I won't see the finished product until we arrive back in town in Em's moving truck (Budget)full of stuff.
Here is Em(the Original)'s view of Nanaimo today...that's what I will be seeing tomorrow after a brief float plane ride. Ah. Just a little hang time with a bestest girl friend...and my best boy, the leading man over here. Sweet. Oh, and her mom, too. I am pretty lucky to have such a reward at the end of my toil!!! Ha. AND even jeepgrrrl will make an appearance...just wish she'd make an appearance on her blog soon, don't you? Oh, AND there are treats from Cara there, too, I hear.

4 comments:

emily said...

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
coffee, faxe, good food (is salt fish good?).
what a perfect way to top off living here!

dilling said...

i guess we'll find out together if salt fish is good, eh? fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

are you afraid?
i was tempted to send barb are real salt cod. (i'll post one fer you) but thought a softnen salted mailed cod would be scarier than the artichokes she sent me!
when i visit i'll bring one in my suitcase and cook yea a proper fishcake, with some scruncheons and brewis. yummy.

dilling said...

I have no idea what you just said, Cara...but I will try that if you try artichoke on pizza with pesto and sundried tomato with an appetizer of baked artichoke and parmesan dip with toasted sourdough bread....mmmmmmmm