Tuesday, November 28, 2006

crush tag

I was tagged by biddie to tell you all about my crushes. Honestly, I grew up so BOY CRAZY that would take all day. Honestly. Totally ga-ga BOY CRAZY. Insane. Certifiable. So we will take the Reader's Digest tour, ok? You will thank me for it later. In Kindergarten and first grade it was all about Peter Gobat, red-haired and freckled. I fell hard but had recovered enough by 5th grade to really truly make a fool out of myself over Mark Prieto...but all the girls did so it wasn't so bad. 6th Grade? Robbie Jablonski. Cute as a bug. Then Jr. High through High School, I carried a torch for Chris Matzen. If you saw him, you'd know why...and Andy Sampson. But that is not what you want to read about, is it?


This is what you are here for....yes, both the Cassidy's. Good genes in that family...the 70's...ah, Starsky. Yup. Had it bad for him...and still do. He is quite handsome still, and finally has his hair under control! Dirk Benedict, but only as Starbuck. The A-Team killed that crush. Some glaring exceptions from my dark, brooding types were the blond brother from Simon and Simon and Shaun Cassidy. My most complex crush is Sam Elliot because I first had a crush on the character I was reading in a book(weird, eh?). Then the movie came out and I didn't know Sam then, but fell in love with him as Travis McGee. Joe Penny, I really hate to admit that one. Simon LeBon.
David Bowie. I have dreamed of Bowie for years. He usually comes around in my dreams when I have trouble with my eyes for some reason. He has been in every optometrist office that I have...in my dreams, anyway. And spent nearly a week in my dreams with me just before my lasik surgery. Since the surgery, he hadn't been around, but just last week he was back. It was nice to talk with him again.
John Corbett. David Duchovney(why don't you love me?), and Michael Weiss. Jesse Martin(oh, that smile).Hugh Jackman, but only as Wolverine so the crush is actually on Wolverine and not Hugh. It probably won't last, then. Viggo.

David Hyde Pierce...I adore him. Love him. Michael looks like him. How lucky am I?
Johnny, of course, for years and years...and years.
My Vincent, goes without saying.
But, hands down, the longest lasting crush that has held true against the test of time, just as strong now as then....Steve McQueen. I will still stay up all night to watch the Great Escape or Bullitt or Love With the Proper Stranger....Sand Pebbles....no matter how many times I have seen them all already.
Whew. Gotta go walk the dog and get some cool air!!! heh heh
I am tagging Cara, Aethan's diary, and greenwellies.

14 comments:

Biddie said...

I forgot about Micheal Weiss. Yummy. Totally. I think that your Michael is better looking than David Hyde Pierce..by a mile. I also had a crush on Lance Kerwin..(James At 15) Remember him?
I totally get the Sam Elliot thing. He was a voice in the animated movie The Barnyard, and I loved that too. There's just something about him. Scruffy, and a little rough around the edges.
Steve McQueen..I get him, too.
Who's the guy in the mug shot?

dilling said...

yes, lance kerwin...i remember him(A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, watched it about a million times)...liked him. The guy in the mug shot IS Steve McQueen... like him so much he got multiple pictures...

Biddie said...

Are you still snowed in? I hope that because you had time to post it doesn't mean that you are missing your vacation.

dilling said...

I am posting from home, looking out at the snow and fog...hoping still for enough clear weather to fly today...

Anonymous said...

if you look at other peoples crushes have you noticed who is on nearly all of them? David Cassidy yummy

Heidi the Hick said...

David Bowie has two different colour eyes! That's why he's walked you through the optometrist dreams!!!! That is so kind of him. Kind of like Brad Pitt and the grocery store...

We agree on Johnny. Wholeheartedly.

The Cassidy boys. Yes. Universal appeal!!!

For me it wasn't so much Steve McQueen as it was Paul Newman!

I love dark and brooding too, you know that! But I fell permanently for dark and goofy. I think it's really sweet that you have your very own Niles! (Does he rapturously sniff your hair when you're not looking???)

Heidi the Hick said...

I just have to say, while I'm here, that I'm so glad I listed my crushes a few weeks ago! I started a LOVE FEST!!!

Anonymous said...

okay. i'll do it. but remember i was a kid. okay?

dilling said...

heidi, how would I know if I am not looking? this is hard cuz there are so many I left out on purpose cuz the list is SO VERY LONG but there are plenty of others I just forgot until I pressed the post button. Biddie and I may have to revisit this theme, as well.

Anonymous said...

How could I forget the blonde guy from Simon & Simon. He was one of my few crush deviations from tall dark and handsombe!

Heidi the Hick said...

haha, I never thought of that! I assumed everybody's life is being observed in the third person. I must stop these out-of-body trips I take, hee hee!

I do really think you should do a Crush Part 2 Hall of Shame!!!!

So much fun...and that crush collage is incredible!!

dilling said...

heidi~that is probably about what the walls of my room(and even the ceiling) looked like...covered in boys. i can see my mom rolling her eyes just now.

Anonymous said...

I was mentioned in your blog, curious about your real name,

dilling said...

hmmm...I haven't revisited this post for a while... who was that last anonymous? Robbie? Peter?
Chris?
David Bowie? ACK... you'll have to catch up with me in a more current post...if you are still here somewhere. Maybe I will tell you my real name...