Monday, November 13, 2006

"dragon fruit is cool"

You know, we like to try new things...don't you? Sometimes it's more exciting than others. Tonight it was just fruit...but it's called Dragon Fruit...and that IS exciting, isn't it? Like the Prickly Pear, this is the fruit off a cactus and the colour is similar on the outside to the Prickly Pear. Chill it in the fridge for a while.... Then slice it in half...how gorgeous is that?
Just use a spoon and scoop out mouthfuls of the inside. It tastes a bit like kiwi though the texture is much nicer than the kiwi. Yummy.
And empty...too pretty to toss out, no?
Michael helped all weekend and today over at Em's place. Here is a quiet moment contemplating how great her view is compared to ours. What a good man I have. And now, as I type, I am listening to him play guitar...I hope he plays a little John Prine tonight...he learned to play some of Prine's songs cuz I love them so much. How sweet is that? And sometimes, if I am in a "crusty" mood, a few licks of Violent Femmes' "Blister in the Sun" sets me right again. It's hard to be grouchy when you are singing along to that, am I right?
That's it folks...now that I am a working girl I don't have much news. All I have to report on is the apartment, the paint, the fumes...I am obsessed because it is already the 13th and Em arrives on the 1st and I still want to get to Sechelt for a few days before she leaves her cottage by the sea.

8 comments:

dilling said...

He's playing John Prine's Angel from Montgomery" right now and I know that he knows I am listening. I may have to take him to our bedroom in a minute!!!!! I love him so.

Biddie said...

What a sweet guy you have! I love when Hubby plays guitar for me...Any tune will get him some bedroom time! (Gawd, I hope that KC doesn't read this!)
I think that I'm going to look for some dragon fruit on my next shopping trip....

Anonymous said...

Next time I'm going to read your blog BEFORE I leave a comment on flickr...I thought the dragonfruit was a set of salt and pepper shakers!
Now if you read my comment on the raccoon blog, you're going to be convinced that Em's mom needs a new pair of glasses in a hurry.

Heidi the Hick said...

I can't wait to show the kids the dragon fruit! That is crazy!

I agree...your man is sweet.

katy said...

a good man is hard to find but when you get one it makes it worth the wait, might have to try them dragon fruit now they do look nice

Anonymous said...

Dragon fruit, a view and live music, doesn't seem to get much better huh? :-)

Anonymous said...

That's some really weird looking fruit. I bet your friend will be so pleased with all your efforts.

Crafty Missus said...

hubba hubba missus, your making me blush!
that dragon fruit is pretty sexy too.