Sunday, November 19, 2006

crap

So it begins again...somebody is moving into the old building over there... everyone in there has been a problem, given us problems, made problems. Everyone goes in with these grand ideas of what they are going to do for our neighbourhood, without understanding that our neighbourhood IS going in the general direction we want it to go. Not to be heartless, but we don't want another homeless centre...we have several, SEVERAL within a few blocks already. We have the giant new Salvation Army going in two blocks from here in December. We have the drop-in centre, the methadone clinic, the two emergency shelters, the needle exchange all within 5 blocks....we have Spanglish there selling crack pipes....it is enough. But, hey, maybe I got it all wrong. Those three cars with no tags that appeared overnight? The other car with the giant roofrack and the Patridge Family from Hell bus? Maybe they are going to make music, not trouble...maybe Reubin and Danny and Keith will be here having bake sales and hosting potlucks...could happen, right?
All I know is that this familiar ache is back in my shoulder and I can feel a twitch forming in my right eyelid. It should have burned when it was empty.
I hope I am wrong. I hope I hope I hope.

9 comments:

emily said...

i hope that finally it's something good, or at least something normal.
soon i will be there to watch in horror out the window at what ever it is going on there.

dilling said...

and thank your lucky stars that you live over there on the park! you are going to miss this street...just watch!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Biddie said...

Maybe it will be a nice family like the Partriges.
I think that your hood has enough shelters/clinics/drop in centres. I wonder who's in charge of the city planning? Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Maybe no one is moving in. Maybe they're going to live IN the bus! Maybe if the members of the town council had access to reading your blog and subsequent comments on a regular basis, they'd be embarrassed enough to do something about improving the neighbourhood.

Anonymous said...

You're not being heartless, you're being realistic.

I'm hoping with you...

That is a strange van, isn't it!

Heidi the Hick said...

Guys, really , I spent days painting that van.

Gotta go, must tune up my tambourine.

dilling said...

the roof of the bus and the roof of the building do look like they were made for each other....

dilling said...

heidi, I know it's not you cuz there's no horse trailer and nowhere to keep a horse...except at the park with the gorilla!!!!