Monday, November 27, 2006

snow day(part one)

Here's our house today..... ...and here's Em's house by the park. Cute, cute, isn't it? Looks so cozy and what a view! I love this park in the snow. It is one of the most gorgeous places in Nanaimo.
This is my favourite tree in Nanaimo that just so happens to be on the corner of this park...it is a Garry Oak. Maybe, definitely actually, hundreds of years old. Hundreds. Centuries old. Isn't that COOL?
Wooooooo hoooooo....people are playing in the park today....
The snow does make most things look more beautiful, doesn't it?
The methadone clinic doesn't look much better, though...not cuz it's a methadone clinic but just because it's one ugly building that the owner does nothing about...what an eyesore. Nobody around here minds that the methadone clinic is here...but does it have to be so ugly?
And the pawn shop doesn't look any better in snow, either. From my back deck here I should be able to see the water just a few blocks away. It doesn't look like I will be flying anywhere today either ..cuz it's a float plane and it takes off from the water...and lands in the water....so being able to SEE the water is kind of imperative, I guess...though I really just want to go see Em and don't care about things like VISIBILITY right now. My neighbour's sailboat in his back yard is the closest I will come to seeing the water from my back deck today.
I will take what comfort I can from being cozy and warm after a walk through the wonderland out there.
And I have more snow pictures but Blogger cut me off with these...I will post more later, since I have all day to fill now. I am close to finishing my art exchange things but don't want to trudge through the snow and slush to pick up mailing material, etc, since it might just be soggy and ruined by the time I could struggle back up that hill. People are driving out there but I am not one of them. I just don't have to drive in it enough to be good at it... so I do everyone a favour and stay off the road. Maybe some other folks should try that, from the amount of sirens I have been hearing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos sorry you cant fly, well not as a person you no what i mean! best way to enjoy the snow from inside with a cup of hot chocolate

Heidi the Hick said...

wow, that's like Ontario snow!!!

I appreciate your staying off the road. I'm puzzled at the beginning of every winter that we forget so easily how to drive in snow out here. I can drive in it. I just don't want to!!

It's true, everything does look more beautiful with fluffy snow on it. And I love that tree!

dilling said...

heidi! take it back!!! i wanna fly away

Anonymous said...

there is so much more snow this year already and its only the 3rd of december
to bad it rained (in harewood anyways)
and ruined it all looks gross and slushy now :(