Tuesday, November 07, 2006

zoinkers!!!!

You all have to come along on some walkies while we talk...there is so much to get done!!! I took these last week before the rains started. Did I mention the rain?!? We have some rivers at flood level, but back home in Washington EVERY RlVER in the western counties(18 western counties) is on floodwatch, some cresting last night, more today...and no end in sight to the rain. The highway to my Aunt and Uncle's is under a landslide, but at least it is just a road, right? I have lots of friends and family there. Send some love their way with me, won't you?Here is another view of Nanaimo from one of our favourite walking spots. This is from Morrell Bird Sanctuary.
The birds are not the only things to see here...pretty cute, eh? Looks like they're cuddling.
That floating black blob of hair is Duke...I did mention the fact that this is a bird SANCTUARY, right? It's kind of funny but they(the ducks) never really get upset. In fact, some swim over to Duke from the other side of the lake. The laugh at him, in little honky quacks, and circle him. He gets some good exercise that way.
There is always one little duck gal sitting on this log. I don't know if it is the same girl every time...but I'd like to think so.

Part of the walk is along the power lines...it is a fair hike up the hill. We are often huffing and puffing by the time we reach this spot, so I lingered to take this photo, pretending I was futzing with the camera!!! Ha ha.
My little fierce hunter-breed dog found this grumpy guy in the grass. He scared the fight right out of her and for the rest of the walk, poor Emma started at every little rustle. Are there no bullfrogs in St. John's?
Whew, so Em(the Original) is coming back on the first of December. Today, I start cleaning, prepping and painting her apartment. It will take some doing, some long hours and lots of elbow grease to get it ready and still have time to get over to Sechelt for a visit. I don't know how much I will be around here in the coming weeks. I really want to have this place "perfect, shiny and new" for my very good friend AND I want to get to Sechelt AND Michael's company Christmas Party is November 23, as well as my date with the Beauty Queen(so I look stunning) AND there was supposed to be my celebration of the American Thanksgiving in there somewhere, as well. I have too much to do at this point, and need to rearrange..OH, and of course, the Art Exchange....I went from nothing much on my plate to a five course meal!!!! WITH SECONDS!!!! And let's not even go into what will be happening in December....
Yesterday, cuz I knew I would be busy in the coming days, I stood in the pouring rain and trimmed back all the raspberries, the hydrangeas, some of the roses(some are still blooming!) and other berry bushes, my vibernum, trying to get some of the big stuff done around here. Tonight I will make a giant vat of Jumbalaya to eat for a few days so that I won't have to worry about cooking. And now, I must leave. I have to get out to pick up some supplies to scrub down the apartment....I will have to tell you about the apartment another time, a story unto itself. Thank you for the job, Em (and BB). I will have some money for Christmas, for perhaps a new couch, some gas money for my trip home for the holidays....so, really, I gotta go now. Despite my best intentions, I did not wake up early and now I must rushrushrush. Talk at you later!!!!

4 comments:

katy said...

love to your friends and family who need it with the rain season. its great coming on walks with you, think the frog would have scared me too. dont work too hard save some energy for keeping us up to date.
enjoy everything x

ldbug said...

Oh, sounds like you have a fun visit ahead!

poor puppies, scared by a little frog;-)

Crafty Missus said...

there are frogs, not real big ones, and probably not around emma...
we just have little pond frogs in the city. bay frogs are bigger though....

Heidi the Hick said...

whooo! Go!!!

Sending prayers to your fam in Washington, and for your safety too.

Take time for a deep breath while you're working like a dog! I love that photo of the hyrdo tower. Great composition! Have a good week!