Thursday, November 23, 2006

i am thankful


What? I was supposed to post a picture of a turkey? It's been done.
There is so much to be thankful for and I hardly know where to begin...I believe if you have been reading along with me on a regular basis, you may have a small idea...
I am thankful for finding some peace and joy in my family...it took a lot of years to get here, and it is a fluid thing, but it has made me who I am.
I am thankful for the love of an extremely good man, Michael...who is generous and patient and kind, though sometimes I have to drag him to it!!! Just kidding, I ALWAYS have to drag him to it! Oh, alright, just kidding...all the way around that.
For my friends: lifelong, short-term, seasonal, bloggers, delusional, make-believe, apeman or whatever...each of you have left some mark, some lesson, some piece of your life with me to puzzle over, to contemplate or to warm my hands with when I am feeling chilly. Some of you have saved me, you may or may not know who you are...but I do...and I thank you.
Thankful for all my pets...the littlest and greatest loves of my life...I am most thankful, of course, to Maggie, who kept me going in times of great crisis...and thankful, now, to Emma, who helps me remember to breathe.
I am thankful for fish in the river, mountains, sky, Cathedral Grove and the Redwoods...for the Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde, for dog walking spots and fall leaves, ice forming, water flowing...thankful for every moment spent in communion with the higher powers, for each perfect moment I stand in awe of rain, or birds, or garter snakes. I am so VERY THANKFUL to have this gift, this precious gift of being able to get lost in dew on red bamboo and sun on a spider web.. and have been overwhelmingly thankful to share it with so many new and appreciative friends.
Happy Thanksgiving

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was lovely, thank you, i hope you have a great thanksgiving weekend x

emily said...

happy thanksgiving soul sister...

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh that is so beautiful! THANK YOU!!!

You know you do have a gift for seeing.

And you have a man with a heart shape in his footprint.

Anonymous said...

...and I feel so grateful that my daughter has a friend in you. You are the kind of person that a mother always hopes her children will share part of life's journey with.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts.

Molly said...

Great post, happy thanksgiving. I am glad that we have a day to reflect about such things.

Biddie said...

Great post, as always. How thankful am I that blogging has brought you into my life?

gawilli said...

Who needs turkeys when you have Snoopy anyway? Beautiful thoughts as always. We have much to be thankful for and you speak volumes for us all. Hope your day was a good one.

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

loved the post.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love You! Scoob