Wednesday, November 22, 2006

fighting the offending foot

Here is Emma, fighting sleep...cute, yes? But Emma still has issues, issues we do not know how to help her with, and when she gets sleepy or a bit nervous, the battle begins. Remember her tattered ears? She still needlessly scratches them(actually just the one, her left one, the really damaged one) and I am afraid of further damage. At this point, it is really just a leftover nervous habit since there is no infection left to scratch...but it is like that foot has a mind of it's own and it's talking only to Emma... Here it comes, the Offending Foot. It just seems to rise up into the air, unbidden...unwanted...unneeded...unloved...unhinged!!!! "Emma, this is your foot talking to you...."
Resist, Emma, resist. Think of your tattered ears!!!! There is no need for this anymore!!!! Emma is looking at her foot like it has just said something horrific... something like, "Emma, I, your foot, COMMAND you to scratch your ear!!! You CANNOT defy me!!! I am The Foot!!!!"
Fight it, Emma. Fight hard!!!! It does become a struggle sometimes, good vs evil, light vs dark, Emma vs Foot.
And sometimes, she punishes not her ears, but the Offending Foot... another nervous habit that concerns me because she is not just nibbling here but gnawing.
What do you think the Offending Foot just said to her?!?
It must have been something bad cuz she is chomping down now like there's not enough time in this lifetime to punish that foot...
....that Offending Foot.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw poor Emma's foot! I have to say that little montage made me laugh so much I have tears in my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried a little tea tree oil on her foot? Maybe the smell and the taste would put her off and it certainly wouldn't hurt her even if she did gnaw a bit. This could be Emma's version of sucking her thumb!

Anonymous said...

poor bubba emma. give those ears and feet kisses for me...

emily said...

i like her foot tick. it's cute, and i like how she gentle rubs with it....

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh Emma.

She is so cute it darn near breaks my heart!!!

Anonymous said...

poor emma, at least there is no infection there now, they were great photos she is looking so much happier

Biddie said...

Poor little Emma. I do love the photo momtage, though.

Anonymous said...

Her ears!...oh bless her heart....I haven't read Emma's whole story [yet] but what a sweet little pea she is...

I bet she is a good doggy, eh?

Hugs for Emma