Tuesday, September 19, 2006

wow! photos!



So, only yesterday did I not say I didn't want to curse us by saying the neighbourhood had been so quiet? No sooner did I press the Publish button than I turned around to see, out my front window, a white work van(Active Contol Services, by the way, I will be sending you a letter!) pick up a hooker in front of my house!!! I haven't seen a hooker on this block in weeks...really. The timing was just too uncanny. Then later, not one, but two drug deals out front in these two vehicles...at the same time....with two different dealers!!!! The photo of the dark van? You can just see the dealer approaching...he is everywhere in the southend...totally recognizable and creepy... the other dealer I had not seen before but he got out of a pretty nice vehicle and was selling to whoever is in that white truck...pretty fancy vehicles for crack so I don't know... occupants of both went to Spanglish, the CrackHead Convenience Store across the street....
D&L 's renters have been broken into twice in the past two weeks.... D thinks it might have something to do with her run-in with that one particular pimp a while back...though it may have something to do with the renters... all students with some pricey 'puters and such and maybe someone knew what was in there. The thing is, the second break-in was at 3 pm with D&L in the back yard! Creepy and bold, no? Hmmm...let's see, oh, I was walking home the other evening alone, and a creep in a silver pick-up did the slow-down-drive-by. He thought I was a hooker but realized his mistake when he saw me glaring at him. I SHOULD have smiled and waved him over so that I could have had a little "talk" about what the eff he is doing cruising my hood...but I can't think of those things that quickly.
I think there is a grow-op in the little blue house on the corner...seems weird that they put so much effort into cleaning it up and painting, etc... and they DID kick out the crack heads as soon as they were made aware of it...but now the cars are only there for a while in the daylight hours, and there are people about in there but not one stitch of furniture....but hey, a grow op is much quieter than a crack house, so it IS an improvement, if you ask me....and that's it for the neighbourhood haps for now...aside from yesterday's little spike, it really has been much calmer around here.

10 comments:

Biddie said...

A grow op is better than a crack house - unless you're living right beside it. I can't get over the balls on the hookers and dealers. They're so brazen it blows me away.
Quiet around here, too. I think that one of the crack heads next door died a couple of days ago. They took him away on a stretcher, and he's not been back since. I don't wish death on any one, but it sure has been quiet....

Anonymous said...

Next time you make a comment about how quiet the neighbourhood has been, knock on wood...hard!

dilling said...

Life~you can't get much quieter than dead, I suppose. It's a rough way to get out of the life style, but peaceful once you get there.
Barb, I knew when I was typing that I should not say anything! But part of this blog is to keep your lovely daughter in the "know" of what's going on in her hood, ya know?!?

Swampwitch said...

Thanks for visiting today. This comment has nothing to do with your post today, but I will be back to read it, believe me I want to know what happened. BUT, I would be more than happy to walk you through how to link. I am so proud of myself, so, when I have time later, I'll be back. Thanks for asking. And Blogger is now loading pictures again. Last night not as slow as today, but they are loading.

katy said...

i am guessing here but is a grow up where they are growing the drugs, laugh if i am wrong an put me right!

dilling said...

A grow op is where they grow pot...the growers will rent a house and grow as many plants as they can...sometimes, they live in the house and grow in the basement...sometimes they just grow throughout the house....there are lots of these in British Columbia....LOTS

katy said...

thanks for explaing about grow ups

Camie Vog said...

Okay, I will quiet down my ghetto talk about my own neighborhood. All the drug dealers near my flat are gone (around the corner now, out of my line of site), and we never had hookers. Just groups of ghetto trash walking around causing damage and fights. You sure you live in Canada and not the US?

dilling said...

Nanaimo is a tough town... once just a working town and now trying to adjust... we get lots of "troubled" people who get pushed out of Vancouver or Victoria, though they have their own problems...but I am definitely still in Canada...

Anonymous said...

dilling... thats ignorant and prejudice to think the blue house on the corner is a grow op because they are cleaning it and painting it... they could just be trying to improve the value of the house, or maybe working for the owner and getting costs deducted off rent (which happens all the time). as long as they are not attracting hookers and crackers, fuck it. so what if they are growing dope. beats meth, crack, heroin etc... get a hobby. maybe u should grow dope, its healthy.