Thursday, September 07, 2006

here there be monsters....

Sea monsters do exist and apparently they are beheading each other....
Here is Duke and Viggo, blatantly disregarding the NO DOGS ON BEACH(or in the picnic area) policy now established throughout Rathtrevor Provincial Park...Ass-hats. My taxes pay for Provincial Parks, too, Ass-hats...Hey Ass-hats, why didn't you tell me the dogs weren't allowed BEFORE I paid for parking, huh, Ass-hats?
Look at us go, Ass-hats! No leashes, even. I realize that there are pricey spas and resorts all over this beach and the money dictates the laws round here, Ass-hats...but, since that is the case, Ass-hats, make Rathtrevor an eff'ing private park and make the resorts pay for it! If I can't come here with my dog(s), Ass-hats, I don't want my taxes paying for it!!!! I will take my spending money to Vancouver, a big and giant city that makes room for it's dogs in the parks! If they can find the room, how come you, Ass-hats, cannot? Ass-hats!
Thanks, Heidi, for the new rant word, cuz the one I usually use is a bit too much for blogtown...those of you who know me best, know exactly what word I am thinking of, don't you?
So I have not been around too much the past few days...my "stiff neck" from a few posts ago turned into a highly painful bad back...sitting was something not to be endured...if I was laying down, sometimes I couldn't get up...so mostly I wandered from room to room in a kind of shuffle. I cried lots. It helps to cry, for some reason. I have chronic pain, it's usually a low-grade bearable type of thing that flairs into something less manageable sometimes, so when something ELSE comes into the mix, something unrelated and not so "familiar," I do become a real mess. I have a hard time coping then.
I did get out for some dog walks, did manage grocery shopping and finally yesterday felt fine enough to go out to Coombs Country Market with Duke and Viggo and Duke's mom...Viggo had a long day home since school started so I sprung him to go to the beach with us...only to find our beach is now completely cut off to us...ass-hats. Yesterday, I felt fine enough to climb a ladder, even, and help Michael repair the seams in the roof of the garage...woo-hoo. Exciting. It is exciting, honestly...pain-free(relatively) is exciting...
One quick neighbourhood hap(it has been so quiet around here, but I wouldn't live on Haliburton Street now for any amount of money!)... early yesterday morning, still dark, my good neighbour DB was snuggled into her pillow...her motion detector sprinkler went off in the yard and she heard a low-billy-goats-gruff voice yell out "FO-UCK." You know how sometimes there is a definite O sound to it when you really want to emphasize it, rightt?!? She smiled, snuggled back into in her pillow, pulled her blankets up and went back to sleep. I love that visual, her little smirk as she slips off back to sleep...and I know that the sprinkler has a dead aim about chest/face high...it is set to keep critters out of the yard, just not little critters! Teehee.

15 comments:

Biddie said...

So glad that you are back. I love the word ass-hat, I've been using it, too. I agree the the Ass-hat law makers suck! Good tohear that you are back on your feet, not crying, and spending time with viggo.

Biddie said...

Oh yeah, love the sea monster photo!

ldbug said...

Yeah, you go with those dogs!!

They look like fun:-) I hope to have a dog again someday...need a yard first, need money, need a permanent job, ack....

Crafty Missus said...

i've never heard 'ass-hat' before, must be a west coast thing. i'll start it here!!

gawilli said...

Beautiful happy dogs!

Had not heard Ass-hat until today but my husband's grandfather called astronauts ass-snots. I always thought that was kind of funny.

dilling said...

Ass-hats is a "Hick Chick" thang! She started off her blog post yesterday calling some certain someones Ass-hats and I felt it worked well in my situation, as well, as it was also about certain someones in the "system," part of the "machine," if you will. So do pay homage to the Hick Chick blog page! It's all her!!!!

dilling said...

gawilli~ my mom uses the saying "slicker than snot" and thinks it's a good thing!

gawilli said...

Damn the man.

Anonymous said...

You do realize that half the country will now be walking around uttering "ass-hat" and not have a clue what it means, other than it's a cool thing to say (and we're even talking Newfoundland here). I can't wait to see the graffiti that's bound to crop up now!
My grandmother (the New Brunswick one, not the proper English one) used to always manage to slip "whipper-snapper" into conversations and I never knew what that meant, either!

katy said...

loads of ass-hats over here too! sea monster pic cool just glad i didnt find it!

Crafty Missus said...

my dad has so many bizarre little sayings....
you've inspired me to post about them... most are not appropriate so i won't dirty up your blog with them! that would be real ass-hat-ish of me!

Heidi the Hick said...

Yeah! Tell those ASS-HATS where to go!

CONFESSION ON THE ORIGIN OF THE ASS-HAT: I got it from another blog. The guys were talking about, believe it or not, people who make stupid laws about dogs.

Oh my gosh, I'm going to go blog about that right now!!!

Camie Vog said...

*off topic*
Dilling! You had this spit gland thing?!? Were you able to get it out on your own, or did they have to remove it?? It is really freaking me out now. Do you have any other tips about dealing with it?
I would have emailed this to you but I didn't see one listed for you in your profile. Feel free to delete this comment, so we don't freak out your regular readers...

Camie Vog said...

Oh! No sooner did I press send for my last comment, and that THING came out of the gland! I am soooo glad. Sorry for the freaky last comment, I was racked with pain and worry.

dilling said...

dear readers! do not be freaked out by previous comments...it's really fine, really...truly...I mean it...wink.