Tuesday, September 26, 2006

speaking of spiders...

over on thebridgeofcows , the subject of spiders came up...kind of, in a roundabout fashion.... so, in sticking with the subject, here is a regular spider, not a Daddy Long Legs. I can handle this spider, even appreciate it a bit because IT IS OUTSIDE, where it belongs. I may be able to find a Daddy Long Legs in our basement...and that, also, is alright...they seem wobbly, uncoodinated and kind of cute. Also? They eat Wolf Spiders, which are not cute, are not liked and are absolutely not wanted in my house but do find their way in sometimes. Here are just a couple more shots of Piper's Lagoon yesterday....
...and then I will move on to something else...
*Note to Self* Find a blog subject today.... and take something out of the freezer for dinner.....

8 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I LOVE your spider photo! I like the name Pipers lagoon too. I would definitely want to stop and look around a place with a name like that.

I'm five hours ahead of you. I just had roast pork with apple sauce and roast potatoes. Yum!

katy said...

oh i dont do spiders have even been known to sleep on the couch if i have seen one in me bedroom

Crafty Missus said...

i got over my fear of spiders by keeping one on me at all times... true story...

dilling said...

I had a spider bite land me in the emergency room...twice, once from the bite and once from the heavy duty antibiotics they put me on...and when I had the antibiotic reaction I was working the graveyard shift, alone, on top of a mountain...eeks.

Biddie said...

I love the spider photo. I am terrifed of spiders. apparently, I do something called the 'spider dance' whenever confronted by one. really, it's just a lot of fancy foot work and much screaming. My kids find it highly entertaining, though.

Heidi the Hick said...

You sound pretty happy lately, Dilling. And I'm happy for you!

Anonymous said...

The things you learn about some people that make you give your head a shake...I taught with a wonderful, gorgeous, funny, sweet Audrey Hepburn clone, who was married to a tall Hollywood cute guy. She revealed over Tim's coffee one morning before classes started that when she was a little girl, a spider fell from the ceiling onto her forehead when she was in bed and she's slept with a sheet over her face ever since! True story...

Swampwitch said...

Reminds me of "Charlotte's Web" looking at that awesome picture.
This is the fourth post I've read about spiders in the last 5 days. If I can time it just right, I may be able to photograph a Black Widow who is living in our gate. If so, I'll have a spider story, too.