Monday, September 25, 2006

another dog walk....

Some days, dog walks are better than others...the weather, the air, the emotions...the place...Yesterday, Michael and I took Emma to Piper's Lagoon...it was Maggie's favorite walk...don't ask me how I know, I just do. It is unexplainable. Two days before we relieved her of her suffering, we drove Maggie out here one last time. We had not returned since...and that has been a shame. It is my favourite park, also. There is so much beauty wrapped up in a small package at this park...yesterday, I encountered it all again, walking with Michael, Emma and the ghost of Maggie.
Garry Oaks....one of the most fantastic groves of these beauties...
...the colours and the smells of fall on the coast.....
I love, love, love when Michael has the time to come with us on our walks... he is absolutely in his element outdoors, in nature...it seems a shame to confine him to town life...his smiles comes easier out doors....he is a wonder to me...still.
Emma and I in the foggy, foggy dew....
goodbye.....

6 comments:

gawilli said...

Guess I have not been paying attention and missed the birthday post. What a magnificent cake. Hope your day was a good one.

The grove of Oaks looks very mysterious, what a lovely place. Emmas looks very happy also!

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful when the spirit of the dog that was, follows you about...my old Salty Dog does that when Casper and I go on a walkabout. And that cake, that cake...it's my dream cake!

Michael Colvin said...

What a great place to live. I do enjoy your photo's, I feel like I am there too.

ldbug said...

Oh, that's so beautiful!!I realy like British Columbia, need to get another visit in up there...

Sorry about your Maggie, it's always sad to lose a friend/pet.

Biddie said...

Beautiful photos. I'm sure that Maggie was walking along beside you. So glad that Michael went, too.

katy said...

you have some lovely walks over there, my dog is ageing and tires quicker so dont get many long walks now, lucky emma she sure looks like she has found happiness