Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Martha don't live here, revisited

Here is what a five gallon batch of Extra Special Bitter(Dark) Ale with extra hops looks like in the beginning....the smell, people, of warm hops cooking in my house makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...I am home again.... downwind of the brewery, smelling that warm, green smell of my childhood.
Here is what six pounds of organic basil, three kinds of parmesan(two are sheep cheese, mmmm), pine nuts, walnuts, cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes and 1971 blender(poor thing nearly died) look like at the beginning.....a small fortune of moolah invested here to make....

the loveliest of pestos....in several flavours....already some of the bottles are disappearing around the neighbourhood...we celebrated the final result with a dinner of sauteed veggies over an herbed linguine with a most excellent creamy pesto sauce over it all....lordy, I am hungry again!
Will post with some stories later. Until then....

6 comments:

Biddie said...

My hat is off to you. I haven't done anything like that since I lived in the wilds of Cape Breton. So much work. Extra nice of you to share with your neighbours.

katy said...

mmmmm send me some please

Michael Colvin said...

WoW! It looked like you really put a lot of effort into that pesto. I bet you enjoyed making it though and eating it!

ldbug said...

Ooooo, looks good!! And the beer? i think I'm off for one now...

gawilli said...

Hey, I have a blender just like that, but it sure doesn't do all that neat stuff. I feel like such a slacker. And it all looks sooo good.

Heidi the Hick said...

MMMM MMMM!

I like your blue wall.