Monday, September 11, 2006

here and now

It is 9/11 and I feel I cannot post without acknowledging that fact. I cannot really put into words what I feel about it. I never will be able to do that. Sitting on the floor in Canada in front of the television five years ago, I felt cut of from my country, bereft. It is the only time I have felt that way, before or since.
The last best thing I can remember my country doing as one nation, one people, was grieve the loss of these thousands of lives, futures, hopes and dreams.
This post feels unfinished... but it is as much as I can say here and now.

4 comments:

Biddie said...

I don't know what to say. I can only imagine how you must have felt. Do you have any family/friends in New York? My heart goes out to the families that have lost loved ones.
Again, speechless.

dilling said...

One of my bestests(since we were 4 years old) lives in NY, though was nowhere near the towers. She works near there now. She got a hold of her mom real fast so we all knew she was safe. I just get lost in the "after 9/11" suspense...it's hard to say what you want to say for fear of being labled something now...so I just shut up about it all.

Michael Colvin said...

I know what you mean. I normally stick to writing about personal experiences. It is hard to write anything about 9/11 without feeling inadequate.

gawilli said...

It sure seems like enough to acknowledge it and move on. As I have visited posts this evening I am finding more and more that share the same sentiments as you. And I really think that's ok. And besides that - labels suck.