Saturday, January 26, 2008

We'll follow the sun......

Oh, it's been a glorious week. Cold, frosty, joint achingly so...but clear and sunny, all the same. I felt like a different person. I cleaned the house, every corner, every window ledge, door frame, baseboard...I banished dust and opened the doors to air out the old house must...and I sang while doing it! Coffee on the back deck wrapped in my big sweater. Lots of good dog walks. Off to the beaches and the best spots because we wanted to really enjoy it all. This afternoon, the clouds look to be rolling back in. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the sunshine just yet. Sigh. It's been such a nice visit.

13 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

It makes such a difference to my mood too. Come on Spring, get a move on! :)

I like your banner thingy.

katy said...

bring on that sunshine.
I am in the middle of doing my cleaning, time for a break though, I mean I don't want to wear myself out do I!

Olly said...

Funny how much dust you can't see when it's cloudy. Doing all my blinds today.

Biddie said...

No sunshine today, but it was warn enough that I took my jacket and just wore my sweater when I was out and about with Shawn today.
Now, if there had been sunshine, too?
Heaven.

dilling said...

We got more sun today! Woot woot!

Heidi the Hick said...

I gotta dye my hair pink again.

it's like sunshine in the mirror.

dilling said...

I have orange streaks now!

Heidi the Hick said...

that counts!!!

captain corky said...

Cleaning the house this time of year is very therapeutic. Busy, busy, busy. ;)

CindyDianne said...

It's been cloudy more than normal here recently. It is making me blue.

Glad you had some sun and took advantage of it...

Val Cox said...

love the new banner!

Anonymous said...

It's 37 degrees here with wind and rain. Yuck. I much prefer snow. Or spring, but that's too far away still. We are planning a cleaning spree next weekend. Then hopefully to Louisville the following. Em looks like she feels better.

Kate Michele said...

what a gorgeous dog!!