Saturday, January 12, 2008

Walkies....

Okay, we've had some damn crappy grey weather....but today, despite the early rain, it worked for me. Walkies at the estuary today were beautiful. Even the sogginess on the ground didn't seem so oppressive. Rabbits a-plenty for Eem-er to chase...the light, the fog, the camera. Redwing blackbirds singing like it was Springtime...that or the dead of night. Do they know something I don't?
The fog, like *Smoke on the water. Ethereal. Magical. Heartbreaking.

And the sun coming down....


...a gift for my soul.
Learn to fly.
*Shout out, Victoria.


8 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Those pictures with the lake covered in mist are breathtaking. I LOVE THEM!

katy said...

spooky, creepy but beautiful photos of the mist

Biddie said...

THAT was awesome.
Thank you.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Beautiful place. Quiet and peaceful. Last blog before bed n all. Peaceful thoughts. ta babe x

Val Cox said...

your photos are looking great. I especially like the second one down, in the fog--wonderful!

raine said...

Good work, photogirl. We have to get back into our photochallenges, I miss them!!!

CindyDianne said...

I love the first picture a lot!

Anonymous said...

The Blackbird set against the thorns makes for an interesting picture. Smoke on the Water is sure a blast from the past! Beautiful pictures. I don't know which of the last two I like better.