Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sunday night....

Honor....a good brave soul. You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson


Quiet weekend, reflective, with a bit more bad news thrown in. Our friend's old dog stepped on her rainbow yesterday. Our pack got a little smaller. We all got a little sadder. She was a good old soul and she'll be missed.
We had a couple of good walks, though. Some sunny skies late on the weekend. Nice. Went throught the checkbook, rearranged, gave up a shopping spree and new Fluevogs...not such a big loss, really. Not in my doggie-love world. Not in the grand scheme of things. Not when I know what real loss is...
Anyhoo, have a good night.
Goodbye, Honor. We'll all go walking together soon. Have a good rest.
We'll talk later.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool dog, he looks like Archie Bunker.

Anonymous said...

loves to the godecke's.
it seems to be the time, it is one year exactly since soda cracker passed.

CindyDianne said...

I just don't know what I will do when Daisy leaves me...

Heidi the Hick said...

ghost month

Val Cox said...

very sweet, I'm sorry.

Heidi the Hick said...

(I gave you an award.)

katy said...

:( x

FOUR DINNERS said...

In the unlikely event there is a God (pick your deity) Honor is in heaven.

So are all animals.

God? alone knows where we'll end up.

Sleep tight Honor x

Olly said...

That is the only downside to pets - sooner or later they will leave us heartbroken...

dilling said...

4D....another quote...in the unlikely event...
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's. " ~Mark Twain
And I have always maintained that if heaven doesn't have dogs, I ain't goin'!

raine said...

Seriously, do you look up these quotes? Please don't tell me they are floating around in your brain.
Lovely doggie.

Biddie said...

I am with you. If there aren't any dogs in Heaven, then count me out.
Hugs xx

Coffeypot said...

I believe Dog Heaven has to be better than Human Heave. Nothing but trees and butts to smell and miles of fields and trails to run.

Gardenia said...

Of course dogs go to heaven! I'm sure there is a vast green meadow with lots of rainbow rabbits to chase.