Wednesday, January 09, 2008

grey on grey on grey

The days are short,
The sun a spark
Hung thin between
The dark and dark. (John Updike)


Not a lot of good light or good weather for photos lately...we've been out dog-walking every day, but it's been so soggy and muddy and messy that the camera mostly stays home these days. Yesterday, though, we were off to Morrell in a world of white.

First, I had to scrape the windshield though. Seemed such a shame because it was so pretty!

What is it about snow that dogs love so much?

They just romp and play and roll and dig....which, of course, makes all us dog "moms" happy. We love to see our little monsters having so much fun.



It's gorgeous out here, isn't it? Makes us feel we are so far away from everything out here. We're really not, though. Not really.



Well, that's about it. Short and sweet today. Thanks for coming along.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

my pooch loves the snow too, i think its cause its all fluffy and makes for soft landings when romping around!

raine said...

know what you mean...wandered around on my lunch today, it was downright depressing. How many pictures of dead berries and raindrops and green and grey can I take? I want sun! And flowers! And something to look at!!! I love your snowy shots, tho. I would be pleased to get some snow...

Victoria said...

Maybe that's why I love snow so much. I'm a dog at heart!

Val Cox said...

great photos today. My favorite is the abstract ice on the window and the last one with the ducks on the water. Wonderful!

Olly said...

Love the pics. I, too, am starving for a little sunshine. This last snowfall was just too wet. Glad the pups liked it though.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that is John Updike? It sure looks more like John Livingston Seagull, to me.

LOL

Heidi the Hick said...

We lost all of our snow this week! Almost all of it, and we had four foot high snowbanks! It just evaporated over three foggy days.

Loved the poem.

I've decided to not let the long dark nights get to me. We'll see how that goes...

FOUR DINNERS said...

I want snow!!! The weather is totally screwed in England. I used to get snowed in as a kid. Now we occasionally get a sort of mucky slush :(

Michael Colvin said...

Thanks for the gorgeous snow pics. I long for some decent snow.

captain corky said...

I love snow too. Maybe I'm a dog...

Beautiful pics!!!