Friday, January 04, 2008

Dogsong2 by the Be Good Tanyas



Out in the trees, dirt on our knees
We laid her down forever
And on that hill there it was still
As in the ever after
She lays her rest, we knew it best
To lay her down so gently
And now she sleeps where moss does creep
And no more is she with me
The birds did cry, and so did i
To think of life so lonely
And in their song
I heard it long
What sadness, and what beauty
Your friend is gone, but you live on
In life you loved her fully
But now little streams and forests dream
And all is made more holy


Can another year have really passed already, Chicken? I could really use your sense of humour right about now. Love you. Miss you.

Okay, folks, yesterday was meltdown day. Sorry about that. Consider yourselves lucky you weren't RIGHT HERE with me. Honest. Heheh. Too much news in too short a time, and I am still sick a bit and all. I I can't process that much stuff that fast...and this is a month of old ghosts for me already, and now a dancing new one. I have my own big physical for Immigration coming up soon and that has me on edge, too. I'm fine. Really, I am. Today feels better already. We're going to schedule Emma for some surgery(thanks for the Christmas green, Dad. I am sure you thought we'd do something fun with it...so did we, actually) to remove some bad teeth...the murmur may be related to that. One step at a time.
Laters.
Update....besides all that! There is this

13 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I'm glad you are feeling stronger today. Sometimes it does feel like everything is just too much.

Biddie said...

Hugs, Dilling.
Somedays, I take things minute by minute, instead of day by day. That's how I hang on.
xxxxxx

Gardenia said...

What a beautiful photo and song, poem. ditto tod and biddie.

Heidi the Hick said...

Aw you made me cry. It's okay.

Biddie's right. Minute by minute if that's what it takes.

And you know it's okay to meltdown sometimes. Heck I still do it regularly. And then I get back up again. We're four days into ghost month. Only 27 left to go.

Hugs.

Victoria said...

Love and hugs.

dilling said...

Ghost Month....I like that. Really, I do. Then it's a theme.
And really, I'm fine. Meltdowns make me feel better. Tears are good for you.
http://www.thirdage.com/healthgate/files/14240.html

raine said...

I haven't checked in with you for a couple of days. What a month. Let's have a glass of wine soon. these horrible grey dark and wet days can't be helping. X0

Rick Rockhill said...

yes, live in the moment and take things one step at a time. Hang in there...things will look up soon.

FOUR DINNERS said...

minute by minute's sound.

lots o' love n hugs babe xx

captain corky said...

Glad you're starting to feel a little better! I haven't cried since my son was born in July. I could use a good cry though... Maybe I'll rent Old Yeller or Bambi. ;)

CindyDianne said...

I had a good cry two nights ago, in the middle of the night, when my husband got up to go and sleep on the couch...again. Why? My stupid snoring!

CindyDianne said...

You know what? I am so sorry Ghost month is so sucky for you! My thoughts and prayers are with you during this tough time!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better and it sounds like you have a plan of action for Emma. I'll be thinking of you.