Thursday, January 24, 2008

circular music

Ah, Dave Matthews...lovers him. Don't you? Anyhoo, he covers lots of Willie Nelson tunes. He always has. Willie is one of his heroes,* just like me. It's true. He says it often. He doesn't try to hide his admiration. He's a good boy that way.
Good taste in heroes, eh?



Getting to work with one of your heroes seems pretty special, doesn't it? Oh, what I wouldn't give to be backstage at these shows. Out in the audience is pretty damn good, too(at least I can attest to that)...but backstage? Gah, can you imagine? Really, I can't. But I wish I could. But I can't. But I wish I could. But I can't. But I wish I could.....
But then.......imagine this.....your hero's new album is coming out on January 29th(you can preorder it on Amazon for quite a savings! You know how I know? I just ordered one for me and one for my dad[for his 74th birthday yesterday].) and you discover something that makes your knees just the slightest bit weak.... something that takes your breath away just for the tiniest second....


While looking through the playlist, you discover that YOUR HERO....




is covering




one of your songs.....
wouldn't that floor you(just for a moment)? Wouldn't it break your heart(just a little bit)? Wouldn't it make you want to say your thanks(a whole damn lot)?
Oh, I can't wait for the end of this damn month of ghosts to come...and for my new Willie Nelson album to arrive, as well.
Okay...now I am going to go listen to American Baby and pretend he is singing to me...oh happy day.
G'nite!
*Gawilli....this link is for you(and for me)!!!


5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Wow! That and the Plant- Kraus collaboration in one year?!

Did you ever see the movie "Because of Winn-Dixie"? He was in it. I liked him before, but that role totally did it for me.

dilling said...

He was cute in that...he'd just finished working on that when I saw him at Farm Aid and he was talking about it onstage. I think he'd been smoking out back with Willie cuz we could hardly understand anything he said...just "that is good damn dog, good damn dog..." but once he started singing and playing, he was fine.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? This whole post was a music lover's dream come true! EVERY link is outstanding. Sheesh. Outstanding. Thanks for the clip of Willie and Dennis.

Willie is my hero, also. Excellent post. Thanks, Dilling.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Good stuff indeed! I've always liked Willie Nelson's voice. Odd for a Brit punk but there yer go..

Victoria said...

sweet!