Thursday, January 03, 2008

January blues

This month is hard one...it's all about renewal, a new start, a new plan...whatever. January is a hard month. I lost my Gramma in January 2000. I lost my dog, my friend, my sweetness, in January, a few years back. We lost Michael's dad last January.
Yesterday, I lost an old friend. The same phone call informed me that I may be losing someone else. Someone important in my life.
Today, the vet told me Eem-er has a heart murmur. It wasn't there one year ago. This is a difficult month. Where is the fresh start?!?
I don't know how to go about the next few days. I want to go home so bad I can't hardly stand it. And I never thought that would happen.

7 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

oh no...

Victoria said...

oh honey. so much love coming your way from me.

Michael Colvin said...

I don't know what to say except, *hugs*

Marni said...

Hugs -- lots and lots of hugs.

CindyDianne said...

My thoughts are with you and Michael and Eem-er!

Gardenia said...

Hold on. Flowers bloom when the snow is gone.

Anonymous said...

oh birdie, i'm with you. sometimes i think that it is our ghosts who insisted on us being friends. ...we seem to follow similar patterns of loss...
kiss eemer.