Monday, December 11, 2006

weekend stuff

Friday night we celebrated a very late U.S. Thanksgiving. Since we are in Canada, I don't think it mattered how late I was. Nobody seemed to know and all wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. Go figure. It was pretty impromptu, with invitations going out as late as the time we were putting the turkey on the table...15 people and four dogs were there, nonetheless. I love my house full and festive and "jovial," if you will. I love a dinner party that has no pretention...just fun and food and foolishness. I love my friends. I love my neighbours. I love that they are one and the same. Thank you to everyone. Tonight, there is turkey stock cooking on the stove and tomorrow? Turkey and dumpling soup, folks. Mmmm mmmmm good. Today, the rain is coming "down" sideways. Emma actually refused to go for walks today...stopping at the door this morning and this afternoon. She was not happy that I drug her out into anyway. Oh well.
Get over it!!!!
You know what I like on a crappy holiday season night? Roadblocks. I do. I totally admit it. They make my whole week. I feel no guilt over my cattiness on Roadblock Night.
My neighbours, too, I guess. They were out on their porch watching the happenings, smoking and drinking beer. What a show. At least they didn't haul out the camera, eh?
Actually, at least they didn't DRINK AND DRIVE!!!! Hey folks, this town isn't that big. No cab fare will run you more than $10. Your mom WILL come pick you up. There are free rides for the holidays from more than one charity organization. Take advantage. Use it.
Save some lives. Save some money. Save some face. Don't drink and drive. Just don't do it. It's not worth it, any way you look at it.

10 comments:

emily said...

don't drink and drive and always poop and scoop.
thanks for thanksgiving dinner, it was wonderful.

gawilli said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Don't drink and drive - wise words.

Jeep Grrrl said...

That was Thanksgiving dinner? Here I thought it was an early Christmas dinner, since you won't be here ... Well, "thanks" for "giving" us such a fabulous dinner! We had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

With friends like you, every single day is Thanksgiving Day and if Casper and I lived closer, we'd have invited ourselves and made it 16 folks, 5 dogs.
To add to the list: don't drink and drive, poop and scoop AND don't talk to strange gorillas in the park!

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

lol. Don't talk to strange gorrillas in the park. Those pics cracked me up for days.

Heidi the Hick said...

Even roadblocks look beautiful when it's you taking this picture!

Biddie said...

I love a get together with friends. There's nothing better.
Ruby and Porky won't go out in the rain, either. Forget about dog walkies when it's cold, too. They stand on the front porch and beg to come in.
Happy late Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like it was a fun party!

I'm worried about when I go home. I always walked everywhere, but recently there was a stabbing...in my neighborhood..between the downtown and my parents house! yikes!! And we don't have cabs! I guess I'm going to have to make sure when I go out with my friends we all walk home together after the pub quiz nights! But yeah, I agree, no drinking and driving. Bad weather makes it even worse!

Anonymous said...

*giggle* I just read the other comments, and yeah, don't talk to
strange gorrilla's is good advice;-)

Anonymous said...

Turkey & dumpling soup sounds extra scrummy. I wish I was your neighbour!