Friday, December 01, 2006

i'm home

This is my plane arriving in Sechelt a few days ago. Thanks, Barb, for snapping this photo...I LOVE it. I just got home and wanted to check in because I missed you all. Though I was reading right along, I didn't comment and, OH, I was itching to.
More photos to come, obviously, but I just wanted to post this photo and say thank you to Josh, my pilot from Tofino Air! What an incredibly fantastic and beautiful flight(with my camera in the luggage hold, dammit). I don't know how often it happens that we, on this coast, have an opportunity to experience this, but on my flight there was snow from the tops of the mountains to the very edge of the waters on the coast...and the sun was shining on the horizon. So, no matter how cold that float plane ride was(and it was), this will always be a memory to warm my hands with. Took my breath away. Made me cry. Sorry, Josh, if I freaked you out. It really was just that beautiful.
It's good to be home but I will still be busy for a few more days...
G'nite, then.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're back! I would LOVE to go on one of those little float planes! That is a cool picture and I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

oh, you are such a lovely woman. that an airplane ride can touch you so deeply just confirms all the nice things i think of you!
i'm happy your back. i missed you, too!

Anonymous said...

glad your back, not sure if i could go on one of those planes, just how small are they!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you made it safe and sound and I'm also willing to bet that the sights you saw on that flight happen only once in a blue moon...for Josh, too!

dilling said...

hers-this one was one of the "larger ones" seating 9ish plus the pilot... though emma and I were the only passengers