Wednesday, December 06, 2006

unfinished business

Something doesn't feel right...like I am not quite done with Sechelt. So these will be the last of it, ok? Ah, see, she knows...she knows I am not quite done, too.
My pockets were stuffed and my coat was heavy after two days of treasure hunting on the beach. I swear that is the best beach I have ever been on for finding glorious gifts. You never come back empty-handed...er pocketed. And here in Nanaimo, nearly all the beach glass I find is brown. In Sechelt it was mostly green and white. I like it.
Some boats. I have this thing about taking pictures of boats that aren't in the water. I have a whole folder of them on my desktop called "Boats in Backyards." Why? I don't know. Maybe I am collecting for a coffee table book. This is the driveway that needed to be cleared for the moving truck. Somehow, it happened that I did none of it...no snow shovel touched my hands on this trip. Strong women in Sechelt. Strong women. That was Em's little yellow house by the beach. I am going to miss it even though I am overjoyed to have her back here.
Other unfinished business....crush tag, part two. Some folks I don't know HOW I missed...and as soon as I push the Post button, I will think of ten more...cuz, did I mention, I was BOY CRAZY?!?

Han Solo? How did I forget Han Solo? Alan Rickman...eeeks. It's true. Brendan Fraser...least brooding of my crushes, I think. Just a giant walking goofball with great abs. The entire cast of Young Guns. At the time, I couldn't pick one...now? I have no desire to. But then....they were all too dreamy. Elijah...and that makes me feel creepy because I am way too old for that crush. And the most glaring omission of my first crush list is Patrick Stewart. Love, love, love him. I feel guilty in overlooking him the first time. Remiss. Pained. So sorry, Patrick. So very, very sorry. Whew. We all feel better now and I can move on to other things tomorrow. It's about time...I was tagged again for my weirdest job and though I will take tonight to wrack my brain, I just don't think I have anything that qualifies as weird...in the employment sense, anyway. There is plenty of other weirdness in my life.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what possessed me to leave out Alan Rickman...Johnny might have to come in second place and yes, Harrison Ford and Patrick...when will this crush thing ever stop. Alan, baby, I love you and even though you were pretty nasty as the sheriff of Nottingham, all is forgiven.
What fanastic photos of Sechelt...and I don't mean my rear!

Anonymous said...

What about Keifer Sutherland? Yes I know he was in Young Guns, but I know I have heard you mention him in more than one conversation. He has still got it. Love and Miss you. Scoob

dilling said...

Keifer was the best of the bunch and definitely still has something, but I hate 24...I kind of have a thing for Donald, too. He was great in the MASH movie... wasn't he?

Anonymous said...

patrick stewart. check.
cast of young guns. check.
and barb has a great rear.

Heidi the Hick said...

Ahhhh Alan Rickman holds a special place in my heart. His voice is incredible. And he's English!!!!!

Our place looks like Sechelt too now!

Anonymous said...

i love that last photo of emma with her ears covering her eyes so damn cute

Anonymous said...

That house on the beach look like a dream place to live.

Do you do anything with all that glass? I'm curious.

dilling said...

tod, I just collect it and keep in in one big jar( and one small fishbowl) on my windowsill. Maybe someday I will have enough for some grand statement of some kind...the rocks scatter to all my plants and the shells to my Hermit Crab habitat...he likes to hold salty things from the ocean and breath deeply.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely do a coffee table book! I'd buy it!

You really do have great taste in men...yummmmm

dilling said...

hey, ld, thanks. you should stay over here on all our pages for a while...
k?

emily said...

ahhhh, young guns! how could i forget? imagine how happy i was years later to be hit on by keifer sutherland. no, we didn't sleep together, i turned him down, but we did a lot of dirty dancing...and that brings me to the other crush i forgot: patrick swayze in dirty dancing!

Anonymous said...

You mean not comment back to them? Yeah, you're right. I'll hang out on other pages for awhile.

Hey I forgot to ask, are you going to do something artsy with the cool stones you collected? They're so beautiful!

dilling said...

oh, ld, I want so much to comment over there to them...but don't want to open such a can of worms, but tod's was beautiful, no? ha ha

Anonymous said...

Perfect! Yeah, I know, they're harsh! I also found out that my brother hasn't left any comments...he doesn't have a lap-top and has been at work during the comments! He talked to my mom today and said he didn't know anything about it. Just strange, very strange. I really wish she hadn't found my site! The only thing I can think of is that she's been checking his e-mails and my mom put my site in an e-mail to my brother at some point. I'm just going to avoid anything about them on my site like the plague! I'm blogging about Cheetos from now on!