Tuesday, December 05, 2006

first and foremost,

always, always recognize a true friend. First, last, always. One singular sensation. One chance in a million. One bright shining star. One moment in time. One. True. Friend. Singular. Unique. Continuing along the beach walks, more totems. Actually, there are twelve of them. I met one of the artists. Pretty amazing stuff. The red totem carving on my flickr page is his, as is one of the totems pictured here, though I don't know which one exactly.
There was plenty to captivate Emma's attention, too.
Is there anything to be said here?
This is the view from the beach road that I want to live on.
A lot of the houses on this beach road have these sitting areas on the water. What a glorious place for a morning coffee or an evening coctail. Even in the snow.
One last glimpse of the beach road views...
Sunset from Em's house the final night.
Emma navigates the route home to Nanaimo...
bringing Nemo home safely....as well as the rest of us. And that should really wrap things up. I think. Though I do have multitudes more pictures of four days and three nights in Sechelt. Hmmm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings us, eh?

9 comments:

Molly said...

Nice pictures, I want to live on the beach road too. But, the beach is a long way from Indiana.

Anonymous said...

Man, I've been taking photos down on that beach and road for ages and they don't begin to rack up to yours. Do you give photography lessons? I need to sign up.
And lordy, until I saw the Tupperware goldfish, I hadn't even thought of HIM!
Jay, the carver of totems, came up to my place with his chainsaw and made quick work of the fallen tree...no job too big or small when it comes to working with wood.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to visit sechelt, maybe emma will drive me there someday....

Heidi the Hick said...

sigh.

thanks!

Anonymous said...

i need to get me an Emma if she can navigate! she did a great job in getting you home

Biddie said...

LOVE the photos. As always. Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Oh that would be great to live on the beach! Then you can have all of us up to visit;-)

arlee said...

i lived there too--and miss it-----

arlee said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO Thank you Hon! Love the matted photo of the Sechelt native piece!! Thank you!!!!!!!