Thursday, February 08, 2007

In Kamloops,

while it was a somber experience, there was laughter and good stories. We had good walks out there in the desert... where we found an amazing amount of colour in the winter-world.
On our walk around the water tower, we found these amazing grafitti art pieces. The angry alien.

The angry green guy.


The angry white guy in a jersey. Aren't they great?



And on the highway through town, there was this colourful waterfall of icicles...it was right on the highway so I actually couldn't get out for a photo and we drove past it three times before I finally got a picture without an Exit sign blocking it. Crazy beautiful. People can be amazing, can't they?



5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Did you ever hear that poem that started out, In Kamloops, I'll eat your boots?

I love the graffiti! I enlarged it but all I could read was something about Canada, representing, Dedicated to Coltan, 1997, Peace.

The words are so artful looking.

Crafty Missus said...

there is a graffiti group here that got permission to do public space, there is some beautiful stuff, and in very obscure places. behind a seedy bar where the patrons go to "smoke" the is a brilliant portrait of bob marley, in the dirty yucky alley way!
i love it!

Anonymous said...

The only time I wouldn't see art in graffiti is if it was spray painted on the front of my house. I happen to think there's some incredible stuff out there and it reminds me of pictographs on rock faces from hundreds of years ago...just a modern version of.

Biddie said...

You find beauty everywhere. Amazing.

ldbug said...

What is amazing is how you capture the world around you. You see and in turn help us all to see the beauty in everything:-)