Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I think I can see me.....

I believe I am beginning to feel more myself again lately...let me tell you why I believe this even though I don't actually feel much like myself again yet. I started cleaning again. Yippur. That's the kicker. I threw out all the pens that didn't work, got rid of pencils that had no erasers or were too short to hold onto, emptied the drawers of cards and letters that I will never read again...I got rid of an entire garbage bag of clothes. I cleaned and rearranged(or actually, more to the point , just plain ARRANGED) my kitchen cupboards, inside and out. And I am not finished....not by a long shot.
This is my dad...in the 50's. The only really hard part of putting winter to rest every year is hanging up my winter coat. My good winter coat.

This is it.


See that stencil and the name tag? This was my dad's pea coat. It keeps me warmer than any other coat ever did, ever could or ever will.



He gives me a hard time about the dog hair on it, so let's not tell him about this, okay?




Ah, and the fridge came...don't ask me about the laundry stuff yet. The plumbing downstairs isn't finished yet so I can't even look at my new washing machine yet. It would just be too, too painful. I am wearing my last pair of clean jeans, though, so I hope it's soon. But isn't she(the fridge) beautiful? Even lacking magnets? She's quiet, too. And clean. And easy to clean...






That's the old fridge on the left, waiting for B.C. Hydro to come pick her up on the 7th...it will be good to be done with it and have it out of my way. Then I can clean up that room, too.
Yesirreeee...I am coming back.





8 comments:

Biddie said...

Spring cleaning has a way of cleansing the soul, too.
I love the fridge. Truly, madly, deeply.

Anonymous said...

Before biddie mentioned it, I was going to say that maybe our grandmothers had things right more than once or twice...it was so important to spring clean the house. By physically, wiping away the dust and webs in the cabin, we're also wiping away the emotional webs of cabin fever and getting ready for that new feel of spring in the air.

Crafty Missus said...

hmm... spring cleaning wisdom... i'll remember that... for may!!
oh, look at that fridge, imagine polishing it, very satistfing i'm sure, i'd ocd all over it!

CindyDianne said...

I need to clean so badly that Sunday I went to the store and bought cleaning supplies and cleaned my friends (who we are staying with) bathroom. I scrubbed the shower, the tub, the toilet, the sink, the counter, the floor, the walls...

they were super happy. I was wishing I had a house.

TOMORROW...

ldbug said...

Ooooo what a pretty fridge!!

I love that coat, it's so cool to have something so special to keep you warm:-)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm a reporter from the Nanaimo Daily News doing a piece about blogs/citizen journalism. Would you be interested in doing an interview? If so, email me:

across (at) nanaimodailynews.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

i too am feeling much more alive, february is such a drag...now onto march where the days are longer and hopefully warmer.

Victoria said...

OK, I'm totally sniffling over the jacket. I'm nothing but a sentimental fool!