Saturday, February 17, 2007

hello, goodbye

Home repairs and renovations continue. It was so much easier to rent, really. So we have embarked on the tedious job of repainting the basement before our new appliances(gasp) arrive...fancy, schmancy washing machine and a not so fancy, schmancy dryer. I don't spend too much time in the basement...basements, in general, tend to creep me out a bit. But, all the same, there I was, painting away when I found this........... See that? Those are the last remnant of our kitty cat, Crook. I found these dirty little footprints where he scaled the bookshelves to investigate the top of this cupboard. He was always dirty. Last week, I think I found the last of his little schmouses under the entertainment center. Sadly, we are painting and I did have a little difficulty covering these prints...but, I do know they are there, forever, beneath two fresh coats of blue because I did not have the heart to wash them away before painting over them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the after photo of the cupboard and the before photo with Crook's print was so touching.
As for Michael's paintings, I'd love to win the lottery so I could build a very plain white-walled house with just the right lighting and buy up all of his incredible artwork and cover the walls with it...I'm serious. It's brilliant work.

Crafty Missus said...

i'm with barb, that unfinished piece with the bulbous trees? i keep coming back to look at it.
make sure you tell your good man that he is adored!!
this post broke my heart. sweet crook. last night i had a dream that i was out in boat and spazzzy was swimming along side. oh, meows.

Heidi the Hick said...

(sigh)

It's so bittersweet to have those reminders of our critter loved ones.

katy said...

ah thats sweet, my dog walked over the wet concrete and left his foot print, trouble is we moved from that house!

Michael Colvin said...

Awww... Kitty prints are cute though generally in the most unwelcome places. Lol!