Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Hauntings

BOOOOOOOO!!!!
and BOO!!!!!! again!
Gosh, I have been waiting a long time to use that picture for something... creepy, isn't it? We found this head in the woods during dog walkies a while back.......eek. Happy Halloween, everybody. Hope you are all enjoying yourselves.

We went to a Halloween party on Saturday night...er, wait, that's not us... sorry, wrong picture!!!!
Oh, got it, here we are...lots of finger food, drinks, candy and live music...we really do have the best neighbours in this town. Sometimes we all shine and sparkle... you should have seen the effort of some of the costumes...then again, maybe you are one of those people who goes to that effort. I should have taken the camera but I didn't want to try and keep track of it, my treats being beer that night! After the sugar high has worn off....aaaahhhh, how cute.
Today is crisp, and cold and the sky is a beautiful blue. If it stays this clear, we will need to get more candy for tonight. Last year(as most Halloweens I remember on this coast) was rainy. It makes for light trick-or-treater traffic... I hope we get lots this year. I love the kids, so proud and confident in their costumes, faces beaming. I like the way the big people look at the little ones on nights like tonight, like they are trying to commit every moment to memory, to take in each exact detail of their children so that they can replay it for a lifetime. Their excitement, parents' and kids', matched equally, though the pleasures they are experiencing are so different. Am I making any sense? I am babbling...must be all the candy I have ingested.

Well, enjoy the hauntings tonight, all.

Trick or Treat.

14 comments:

Biddie said...

That doll head is super creepy. It reminds me The Hills Have Eyes, or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Wrong Turn....
Emma is so cute. She looks so happy now, so different than the lost little pup that you brought home.
I love the photo of Micheal and Emma, too.
I sometimes take photos of the little trick-or-treaters as they stop by. I don't know how many we'll get in our new hood here. It's a bit rainy, but fairly warm, 14, I think. Should make for lots of little goblins stopping by!

Anonymous said...

That dolls head in the wood is friggin creepy. Me and my sister used to freak my mum out with dolls heads. She is terrified of them so of course we always used to put them in the kitchen drawers and things. Hee Hee!

Oh you are so lucky to go to a Halloween party all dressed up! We have had that weather today too. the colours are amazing at this time of year, so intense.

Crafty Missus said...

you guys look great, i just love it! i laughed my arse-hat off. it's funny that you went as a boy and his dog,we went as a witch and her cat! (kevin was spazzz...... morbid wha??)

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

The doll head reminds me of the doll leg I found in the garden on the way to work one day.
Emma is so cute.
Love the costumes.

gawilli said...

Wonderful pictures! So glad to hear you enjoy this holiday. So many places I have visited have not...makes a soul kind of blue. We had a small troup of kiddos this year and I so much like to see them at the door. The picture of Charlie Brown and Emma is great! I will share one with you of Willi and our dog Cali in a simlar pose.

Happy Halloween Dilling!

Anonymous said...

Well...I happen to love the doll head, because I have the very same one in a box...all that remains of my Brian...a doll that I got when I was five (NO ONE knows where I came up with the name for him), who went on an ocean liner to England with me when I was eight and even after his rubber body disintegrated and his head fell off, I've never been able to throw it out!

dilling said...

I'll go back for this one if you want him...Ryan and Brian...twins seperated at birth????

Anonymous said...

Nope...now THAT would be creepy!

dilling said...

tod, my mom creeps me out with all the friggin dolls she has around the house... all those littlee eyes and little bow lips looking at me wherever I am.....ew, ick and super creepy.

dilling said...

Barb, are you sure? he's out there, alone, in the woods.

Heidi the Hick said...

You mean you didn't take the creepy doll head home with you????

I am super creeped out by dolls but I think I would have taken it home.

Yay for Charlie Brown and Snoopy! I love to see your dog smile!!!!!

ldbug said...

Cool idea for costumes!!

Anonymous said...

Michael and Emma are so cute. I can't wait to meet her. Miss you lots. I will try and get pictures of Jess up on my blog this weekend. Happy Howl-o-ween. Miss you. Scoog

Anonymous said...

I meant scoob. I must be sicker than I thought. Love SCOOB