Saturday, October 28, 2006

when dreams disappoint...

The other morning I had a dream than Vince Vaughn was my boyfriend... not a bad dream to have, I guess, if Vince Vaughn is your guy. It wasn't even a sexy dream or anything. We were cleaning the house(well, that is a little sexy, come to think of it...you know how I feel about cleaning!), and discussing what our weekend plans were, and what needed to be done in the yard and around the house. The thing is, having a dream about some well-known, sexy guy as your boyfriend and all I can do is dream about him cleaning and mowing the yard is NOT the disappointing part. The disappointing part is that I was dreaming about the wrong Vincent. I think the confusion in my dreaming brain came from watching the BreakUp(not so good, really) where my Vincent plays Vince's brother, follow me? Good casting, eh?
This is my Vince....Vincent D'Onofrio. Now, if I had been dreaming about him, it may have involved a little bit more than the dream with Vince Vaughn...at least I hope it would...snicker. And, before you even bring up the fact that I have a boyfriend...I would never knowingly wake Michael from a dream of Lauren Graham. He has good taste in women, I will give him that. And I don't even know why I had to write about it, but I have been thinking about it for a couple of days now. Why? Why Vince Vaughn? Weird to be so disappointed in a dream, isn't it? Vincent D'Onofrio, if you are reading this, it should have been you hanging pictures on my wall...and laying out the brick walkway...and (gasp) mopping my kitchen!

13 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

ive had orlando bloom dreams, usually i'm just ogling him, i think, but when i wake up i have a sudden opps! feeling, even a little guilt, maybe even a smidge of disappointment... oh orlando...

Anonymous said...

Johnny Depp can clean my floors any old time he wants...in dreams or otherwise! P.S. Am I too old to be saying stuff like that?

dilling said...

well, Johnny is welcome in a whole lotta houses... there must be a long list of folks waiting for Johnny to defrost their freezer...

Biddie said...

You wouldn't believe the dreams that I have about famous people...Like you, my dreams usually include my famous loves cleaning my house, too. That IS sexy....I like your Vincent, too. Remember him in the 80's? Adventures in Babysitting? Yummy....

Biddie said...

I forgot to mention that Hubby likes Judy Jetson...If she ever comes to town, I'm in trouble..

Michael Colvin said...

Vince wasn't available for cleaning that night. He was too busy driving me around in MY dream, looking mean n moody.

dilling said...

Life~I fell in love with him in Mystic Pizza... sigh.
Tod~MY Vince was in YOUR dream? We could trade tonight....

Anonymous said...

Ha-Ha! Actually I haven't a clue who he is. He sure does look trouble though...

Heidi the Hick said...

I LOVE THIS!

You know that I have dreams about famous guys! And they're never what anybody else would consider sexy. I disagree though because after Brad Pitt took me grocery shopping I totally (mostly) forgave him for that homewrecking thing, and I never felt better in my life than after I dragged Vanessa Paradis out of a burning barn and returned her to my most thankful friend, Johnny Depp, just because I love him so much...

ARE WE WEIRD???????

ldbug said...

ooo, sexy mopping...

dilling said...

yes, yes, indeed... sexy mopping...

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I have never wasted the gorgeous, talented, and incredibly sexy Vincent D'Onofrio in my sexual fantasies by having him mop my floor, although I had a marvelous fantasy with us on the kitchen floor---
Let me just say that it was one of my better eforts at creative fantasy-making!

dilling said...

thanks for stopping by xeresa...but I felt fine and dandy and happy about my dream, not wasted at all...