Wednesday, October 04, 2006

and now back to our regularly scheduled program

Apparently last night there was someone roaming the streets down here brandishing a gun. We were watching the "local" news out of Victoria and there was a brief news flash about it, though it didn't really come across as much...it was time for one last walk with Emma and off to bed. Hmmm, cop and roadblock on one corner....
Hmmmm....cop and roadblock on the other corner....this may be a bit more serious than we initially thought. But Emma does have to pee...and NOT ONE of these officers said to us, "Hey folks, good evening. There is an armed man running through your neighbourhood...maybe you would feel safer if you returned to your home...I would feel safer if you returned to your home." Nope. We just wandered half a block up til she peed and hustled home. I guess they considered this person dangerous enough to post road blocks for seven, count 'em, seven blocks, but not dangerous enough to tell us we should get off the street. Protect and Serve, baby!!!
This was the night before we left on our trip...the RCMP are rousting our newest pain in the ass. At least they are right on top of it this time... though, she(pain in the ass), also, was walking the street last night with an armed ne'er-do-well out there. Nobody told her about it, either, I guess.
This is her earlier that day with some of her "friends." She has been hanging out in Spanglish while the owner is there, hobnobbing. Then when a cab arrives with one of her "pals," she goes out to make a deal around the corner in the alley. Then she goes back into the store. I suppose Spanglish's owner will try to tell us she really has no control over this, she doesn't know what that lady is doing...grrrr.
Well, folks, I may or may not post while I am gone but I will check in with you all ...we are off again tomorrow for Kamloops. I think we will be back on Tuesday. Mmmmm, turkey dinner...my very, very favourite... And it may seem sarcastic to say it at the end of this post, but remember all that you are thankful for and give thanks. I am thankful for all of you reading along. I sincerely thank you for your words, your kindnesses and your friendships. I cherish each one.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Talk to you soon.

7 comments:

Crafty Missus said...

i'm gone tomoroow and back on tuesday too, from spending time with kevins family, wish me luck.
if you feel the need to make a mad dash for south weastern onteribble, send me an email, i'll start walking to meet you!
have fun.

Anonymous said...

Emma is going to think living with you is just one great big happy road trip! Take care and safe journey.

ldbug said...

Have a good trip! Is it Canadian Thanksgiving, then? I'm assuming so.

We get Monday as Columbus day. I really could care less what people feel about Columbus Day, or Columbus, I just like having a day off to sleep!

Biddie said...

Have a great Thanksgiving. See you when you get back.

Michael Colvin said...

I'm confused about the Thanksgiving too. Is it because you are American or do Canadians do it too?

katy said...

enjoy, eat and eat oh and eat some more!

Heidi the Hick said...

Dilling, thank you! Have a wonderful weekend. I hope you come home to some peace!

Cara is going to be in Onterrible? Hey that's where Biddie and I are too!

Next month, you should explain to us why American thanksgiving is on a Thursday. Dang, it took me years to figure out why all the sitcom characters had turkey on a Thursday night!