Tuesday, October 24, 2006

the barometric pressure



I am still here...just in an awkward space for writing just now. I have some stories to tell, though I just need to take some time with them, I guess. The weather can't make up it's mind and all the fluctuations in temperature, barometric pressure and humidity makes me ache and I am grouchy. Even napping this morning didn't really help. I am going to wrap up against a cold wind that just came up and take Emma out to look for salmon coming in. That should raise my spirits...and then to the garden center to get some damn netting as the neighbours' countless felines are crapping all over our gardens now that Crook is no longer here to kick their crapping asses! They have dug out my asparagus, my nameless, but well adored, fuzzy red flowers...I have tried everything I can think of to keep them out, but to no avail. Now, don't tell me about Cayenne Pepper sprinkled there...it may work, but buying Cayenne Pepper is a little like buying gold and with the rainy season upon us, I will have to reapply every day. Once we get our outside taps run, I am investing in a motion detector sprinkler...but those taps are not installed yet. Too many projects!!!! Too many cats...too much poo. Grrrrrr.

Off to watch the fishies!!!!

7 comments:

ldbug said...

Wow, beautiful picture. Sorry you're grumpy, I am too!!

Michael Colvin said...

You could always get another cat to fend off intruders. Love the pic. I know that is going to be one of my favourites.

Biddie said...

Does Emma scare off the cats?
I'm sorry that you're grumpy...Everyone seems to be grouchy today..Winter is in the air, no doubt about it.
Great photo.

dilling said...

Thanks for the photo compliments...this red bamboo was so beautiful in its finery. I took about 20 photos of it. Tod, I can't think of another kitty while we live on this road...it's a killer and we are lax about keeping the deck door closed, the windows closed, etc. I don't like denying a kitty of sunshine and walks in the grass...
Life, Emma can't be outside alone. She is an escape artist and a roamer...and anyone would scoop her up in a heartbeat. I can't even go for a walk without strangers approaching to pet her....and not just kids!!!

gawilli said...

We have used the pepper to keep the squirrels out, especially when it is time to bury acorns. I have also used moth balls around the garden to keep the cats out. Don't know how that would be with veges though. Good luck!

Did you see some salmon?

dilling said...

I didn't see any live ones...just the remains of those already spawned(pe-yew)...I will go back in the next few days though and try again...I love watching them!!!

Crafty Missus said...

moth balls.
cats hate em. they won't go near em.
i put them in my flower bed, not my vegetable garden, that probably isn't a good idea.
just crush em up and sprinkle em in the the, oh the stink at first but anythings better than cat shit. and don't get me started about cats living on busy streets...