Wednesday, October 25, 2006

the truth about my grouchiness

Yes, the truth...a couple of days of waking up to a hooker working outside your house will do that to you...make you grouchy, that is. It's just after 8 am, for crying out loud! Go home. There was also a pretty gruesome event on the street the night after my friend left. It was 2am and yelling and lots of red and blue flashing lights woke me up. Outside my house there were two ambulances, three police cars and a fire truck. Everyone there was trying to talk this guy down from his super-freaked-out-shock-state. He was wearing a white tank with a whole lot of bright red blood spreading over the side. I don't know what happened to him...it didn't make the news or the papers. Then, our neighbour's car was vandalized, another one broken into. Truth? Some days I hate living here. That's the truth. But, I will take you on a tour of the house sometime this week(after I buy a mop). It is beautiful...and my neighbours are fan-friggin-tastic...and we are adding back my most missed neighbour to that equation soon...she is coming back to a quieter street but close enough to walk to...YAY.
Without these dog walks(and the friends involved in them), I might have pushed Michael to move somewhere else. Yesterday's walk is here off of Fry Road. The river is low, but that means we got to walk where we normally wouldn't...in the riverbed. There are salmon running but we didn't see them. We did see their remains, though, poor critters.
Duke and Yuko are forging their own trail...
This is what Girls' Night Out looked like this past weekend...this is what it felt like, too. You all know you've had these nights, too!!! Admit it! We did laugh a lot...I think, anyway.

Just Sebastion sharing movie-night popcorn with us.... I thought it was cute.
I never knew that blueberry bushes were so beautiful in the fall. Did anyone else? Wow. The truth is, my home amazes me and I have an idea that this neighbourhood CAN turn into something fantastic, is actually in the process of turning...but I am not always the most patient person. Okay, one more red bamboo picture because(truth), I think they're beautiful...and because I am feeling better about it all today. Today I think that I see the light at the end of the tunnel and NOT the headlight of the train bearing down on me. As Mr. Roger's always said, "It's a beautiful day in the neighourhood, a beautiful day for a neighbour. " Rest in peace, Mr. Rogers. You were always a good friend to me.
Sorry to horn in on hickchic and her month of truth...but I can probably just handle the one day, anyway(tee hee). A whole month is a lot of pressure!!!!

7 comments:

ldbug said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Kick that hooker out of your lovely neighborhood!

Those dog walks are really pretty. I'm sure your neighborhood will continue to pick up. (I like the red bamboo too:-)

Biddie said...

I am happy that you are happier...We have hookeers, here, too. The last time that Hubby was propositioned by one, she said that she would do ANYTHING for $20...His response?
Will you paint my house?
They are starting to leave him alone....

.:.KC.:. the brown eyed girl said...

I've had many blurry nites. They are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

One person at a time, one great couple at a time, one great couple with a rescued dog and a hermit crab, can change a neighbourhood (oh my gawd, I actually wrote neighbourhook first, thinking about your post and writing at the same time...anyway, you catch my drift!).

Michael Colvin said...

I love the doggy picture. That is so cute. You know I have heard that the best way to move on crowds of teenagers from hanging around is to play classical music really loudly because they think it is not cool and they don't want to be associated with it. I'm not sure what music would annoy hookers though.

Crafty Missus said...

in responce to tod. gospel. hookers run from gospel, sing some hymns to them... although this may not have the desired effect...
you sure post purty pictures fer a blue lady!!! you inspire me often to get out of the house.

Heidi the Hick said...

Ha! Truth is contagious! (You can horn in on that anytime!)

It really is a beautiful area to live in. And it can be turned around. Maybe you should play some gospel hymns and hire some ladies to paint your house???

Or just walk the dog...