Thursday, October 26, 2006

food and fun

Our good friend, TH, was in from Vancouver for the past two nights. Sometimes she works over here on the island and stays with us. We get treated to lovely dinners and drinks(thank you again for Armanis AND the Modern) at our favourite places. We sit around playing Scrabble...not very well, in my case. TH brought Stella.
Stella and Emma hit it right off and played until WE were exhausted and had to make them stop. Everything was a playtoy to them, the furniture, our socks...in this instance, Michael. It was sure nice to see Emma get along with another dog so well. Only a month ago, she probably would have attacked Stella...just because.
Have to clean out the cat poo today or tomorrow. The guy in the garden center swears by this stuff. It is green and gel-ish. It won't break down in the rain immediately so we won't have to reappy every day, now that the rain is here. Just a little drop here and there. It doesn't smell horrific to me, and probably not to you, but apparently cats and dogs hate it. It is overly minty...really overly so...but better than poo. I'll keep you in the loop on this one, okay? Cuz I know that you will all want to know!
And this I am adding because I am looking for some damn sympathy...just when that giant black spot on my nail had FINALLY grown out to where I could cut it off(I dropped a can of paint on it in early summer. Greek Blue or something like that)....I stubbed my toe so hard while dog walking in my Holeys that I have bruised the whole damn thing. DAMMIT. I don't polish my damn toes and my new Fluevogs(both pair) are open toed!!!! ARGH. Michael doesn't get my frustration...much like I can't sympathize with his cold symptoms. "Get over it!" we say to each other!! Dammit.
Well, time to walk the dog. I better go put on some damn boots! Talk to you all later!

5 comments:

gawilli said...

Scrabble is fun - sometimes we play dirty word scrabble but it's best with a few drinks.

Anxious to hear how your miracle formula works. Wonder if it would work on squirrels? They ruin my gardens in the spring and fall both.

Biddie said...

Yay, Emma! So glad to hear that she is making friends..Sorry about the toe..KC will be able to sympathize with you when it comes to toes. She has issues with both of her big toes and hates open toed shoes.
I can sympathize with Michael and his cold...Poor guy.

katy said...

when you said he brought stella i thought at first you meant the beer! emma is doing really well its great to see her and hear about her.
oh your poor toe, men have no sympathy but want lots of it when they ill!

Crafty Missus said...

i'm sure you are much more practical than my imagined picture of you walking emma in your fluevogs.
maybe you could paint thats one toe something wild. mabe leopard print. that would be sexy sticking out of your open toed shoe... or would it...

ldbug said...

I terrible at scrabble too.

Looks like it was a fun visit, and so happy your little Emily is doing so well:-)

Feel the toe thing. I have one ugly one from running. I don't know why, but the nail is all blood blistered. Shoes not too small....no idea, none.