Thursday, March 27, 2008

walking the hood

Do you all remember this? Well, this is one of that landlord's properties, the landlord quoted in that article....look at all that garbage. And that is just from this one property. And probably just from this week. There are multitudes of people living here, too. Certainly far more than legally allowed, or rationally safe. Not that 20 crackheads in an enclosed space are ever rational, nor can they count. We took a little stroll down the back alley of some of his other properties this past week during our Neighbourhood Walk(speaking of which, WHERE IS EVERYBODY?)....a very scary and stomach sickening stroll. I think I will try to walk that alley again this week with the camera(and then we will really talk about garbage)...but the zombies of I Am Legend scared me less than the things I found in that alley backing his properties. Also, there is quite a parade of drug activity coming and going from this and another roominghouse property of his close to Nob Hill Park.
I sure hope the city can get this guy closed down soon.
Don't you, Nanaimo?

10 comments:

Why? said...

That photo reminds me of the crack heads that live next us.
They are pretty quiet during the winter, but the summer months will soon be here...
Yikes.
I hope that mess gets cleaned up soon.
Biddie

raine said...

That building has always been horrendous. Hoorrreeennnddous. I was watching on the Daily yesterday about how Nob Hill park is going to get a face lift. I guess that's good, isn't it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Is that a deflated blow up doll?

Michael Colvin said...

I hate it when people discard their rubbish and can't be bothered to put it in a bin or take it to the dump.

CindyDianne said...

I hope they get him closed down too!

How are you doing Dilling?

dilling said...

Rain~That building is more than horrendous and that store? Made Spanglish look "legit." The park is getting a three phase facelift, and it sounds great.
~l~ the zombie? it was a mask, a vest, hat and gloves at a dumpsite in the woods of the plastic from stolen copper wiring...they might have worn it while stealing copper.
CindyDianne~ how are YOU doing?
Tod~he doesn't provide bins for garbage...or regular garbage pickup...he has someone come around in a pickup truck when the complaints get too bad...probably some of those dumpsites I have found out in the woods are his cuz I doubt he would pay city landfill prices.asshat.
heidi~for what?

dilling said...

biddie....yeah, it's hard to look forward to those aspects of summer, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Looking out the window, I dont think the druggies will be coming out their holes for a while yet. There are benefits to this white stuff eh?
Islander

Heidi the Hick said...

For not giving up.