Friday, March 21, 2008

Freeze Tag....

Did you ever play that that as a kid?

Biddie tagged me, but I don't like playing by the rules. So, I will comply with part of the tag, but not all. I pick this rule to work with...2. List one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name.

So, okay....Dilling is not my real first name....and also, there is this..... I am not sure I want to give you my real middle name OR my maiden name... I post enough information that if you think you know me, you probably are right. But my mother's maiden name is James...

That's a lot like Smith...or Jones. Or Smith and Jones(one of my very favorite tv shows as a kid). Did anyone else watch that?!?

So here we go...

J is for Jericho.....love that show cuz Skeet Ulrich is to DIE for....have thought so for many, many years...in fact, even at this late stage of the game, I hold the name the Skeet to my heart in case I find myself ever the mother of a son....in a couple of years, I can use it for a pet. I hold it in the highest of places. I do. Really. It's right up there with Emmett( a family name, along with Emma) and soon following Jethro or Finn....

A is for American...sometimes feeling awkward with that title, especially here in Canada. I don't always agree with the politics, the(mass)media,the absolute LACK of REALITY and TRUTH, print or television. I grew up with the better parts of the medium and find them lacking sorely now.

M is for Morality... and not in the big "religiously overtoned" way...just in a really human, be decent to each other way, which I probably am the last person to quote on this subject. Truly. Really. I totally mean that. I am no saint....but I am here to tell you, as crappy as I have been in my life... I can recognize it someone else. And I absolutely made a conscious effort to change. It's not the most difficult decision you can make. Really. I totally mean that, too. It just ain't that hard.

E is for evanescent.... which is what I hope to be someday...leave only footprints...if even that. Really. Nothing else.

S is for Summer....has alway been the only time of year I find myself happy more of the time than less of the time...which is why I think I moved further and further south until there was sun nearly every day. Until now.

K...done now...tagging nobody, unless you want to.....

4 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Hey, Dilling James, that's a cool post and a really cool name.

FOUR DINNERS said...

evenescent? Weren't they a band?

J - Joker
O - Oblivious
H - High as a kite
N - Nutter

Anonymous said...

We played Freeze Tag! Also Red Light Green Light and Kick the Can. I can understand about feeling awkward with that title. Sometimes I feel the same way particularly when I hear how we are perceived in other countries. What I would like to say is, we aren't all like that!

Biddie said...

Very well done :)
Did you know that tomorrow night is THE LAST episode of Jericho? I am heartbroken....